Aladdins Cave

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
Michael-D

Aladdins Cave

Post by Michael-D »

Now here's the thing. My town is a touristy sort of town, with lots of interesting little curiosity shops. One shop, I'd never been into before is actually just around the corner from my home, In the window I noticed in passing, a Corgi vintage double decker bus. So I popped in to enquire about it, only to be confronted with shelves and more shelves full of vintage Corgi, Lesney and Dinky cars, trucks and buses. Some in extremely 'previously enjoyed' condition.
What I'm wondering is, have I found just a motley collection of toys or, the aforementioned Aladdins cave of treasures? I appreciate that I will have to have a proper more detailed look. But some examples do look extremely unusual.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Aladdins Cave

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hello Michael. What I would do is sneak some pictures of the models and post them here on the forum. They don't have to be specific pictures, just a general view, this will give us some idea of what there is. I would also casually ask a few prices if these are not already marked on the models and does it look as if they have been in the shop for a long time, meaning do they look as if they have been put on display recently.

Ghosthunter.
fixer

Post by fixer »

welcome Michael
some group shots would be good i'm sure we could advise you on them
reg
Michael-D

Post by Michael-D »

Not my picture but I did remember seeing one of these on a shelf.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

That sounds promising Michael, it will be interesting if you can get back there and take some shots.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels