Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Toy fair news

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:I assume Marmaduke will be at the event for 5 am sharp to set up your table before he starts to prepare the quails egg omelette and fois gras for your breakfast Ghosty? :D
Oh yes, he knows his duties... :D

Ghosty.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

I went to Windsor today (last-minute decision to go), although I didn't know you would be selling there Ghosty. However, I may have bought some items from you - was it you who sold me the Corgi Juniors album? :?:
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Fred7A wrote:I went to Windsor today (last-minute decision to go), although I didn't know you would be selling there Ghosty. However, I may have bought some items from you - was it you who sold me the Corgi Juniors album? :?:
Yes my friend it was and you are very welcome to the memories it holds for me and I hope it finds a good place in your collection. If you have not been to Windsor before, don't let this one prevent you from going again as it is usually much bigger and busier than Today and the Two rows of empty tables in front of me are the result of 17 dealer/traders not re-booking for this event!

I look forward to meeting you again Fred, take care and carry on enjoying the hobby.

Ghosthunter.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

It was good to meet you Ghosty. I've been to Windsor before (first time was in 1990 - I still have the metal badge!). I thought it seemed a bit quieter than usual, but didn't realise so many traders were absent. Was there a particular reason for this? I hope your sales were't adversely affected.

I like "peripheral" items like the Juniors album, as they add interest to the collection. It will have a treasured place in my collection - if I post a list of the missing cards, do you think that those lucky forum members with carded Juniors would be happy to cut out the cards from their packaging and send them to me? :lol: .I have a copy of the Corgi "All About Cars and Motoring" book which you had - it's a real shame they only made the one edition of this, as it would have made a great annual.
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

Confirmation that I will atend Sandown sept 10th.
Just booked my return ticket by night coach from Amsterdam to London, 37 euro for a return.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Great news Marcel, I am looking forward to our morning cafe meeting already, but I must try and be there much earlier for you... :D

Ghosthunter.
zBret

Post by zBret »

Thanks for taking and posting the pics of the show Marcel
a Marcel photo shoot is almost like being there, for those who cannot be there.
Much appreciated.
zBret
fixer

Post by fixer »

good news Marcel .....we need to get Al down south with us now
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:good news Marcel .....we need to get Al down south with us now
I think Marcel is closer 'as the crows fly' than i am!!

One day Reg :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

i hope so ...or NEC ?
reg