RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
toysnz

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by toysnz »

lionel-honda wrote:Yes, but it looks complete. They are so hard to find with the canopy, antenna, and decals intact. Great find!

Scott
Yes Scott looks complete - even has the spare wheel cover which is often one of the first pieces to go missing on these models.

Ian
cOO7rgi

Post by cOO7rgi »

lionel-honda wrote:Well, the box arrived in the mail today, and it is a perfect marriage!

Thanks again Dave...I owe you one for sure.

Scott

Thank you for showing this beauty! And also thanks to toysnz for showing the different versions. Didn't know of those variants before.

Sorry to go a bit offtopic but was a (ca. 1:43) Lotus Seven produced by any toy company in the sixties or early seventies? I would like to display the Prisoner's Lotus Seven next to Dinky's taxi (if I ever get one) but would prefer an older toy in Dinky's style instead of a modern model car.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The 2004 fact files part works gave away a 43rd scale "KAR 120C", but none were around in the Sixties or early Seventies that I know of.
2004, The Prisoner fact files.jpg
2004, The Prisoner fact files.jpg (293.08 KiB) Viewed 703 times
I have not been able to find a picture of it on the net, but I do own one myself, but is not with me at the moment for any pictures to be taken.

Ghosthunter.
cOO7rgi

Post by cOO7rgi »

Thanks for the info, have to look for this magazine now...

Just to clarify: I am sure that no official Prisoner Lotus toy has ever been made - I just want to know if there ever has been a Lotus Seven toy car in about 1:43 scale - in any colour, which could be repainted.
I also have a modern 1:43 diecast of KAR 120C. This came from the partwork "Les classiques de l'automobile" from the French AutoPlus magazine. But I think that a modern collector model doesn't look right, next to the old Dinky toy.
prisonerlotus.JPG
prisonerlotus.JPG (474.34 KiB) Viewed 697 times
starni999

Post by starni999 »

I'm sure Oxford or somebody could make a great 3 piece Prisoner set with the Lotus, Mini Moke and the Hearse from the kidnap scene?
CW.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Usual varied arrivals below. I now seem to be collecting boxed models too. So many at once isn't by design or with any thought other than the Leyland Dump Truck.

Leyland Stake Truck

The Leyland Dumper below is interesting. Why would some one overpaint a mint boxed model, especially one as rare and expensive as this one. I only really wanted the box, the overpaint meant there was zero interest and I got it for a some. I'm debating whether to strip the paint back to original or leave as is. It isn't unattractive.

Rear Label Perfect

With one of my original models

Which now has a new home

I've been coveting the French Dinky GMC Military versions for a while, but they are just so hard to come by at what I would call a reasonable price. The one below popped up on our local auction site not cheap but 2/3rds what they are going for on ebay. I've even considered getting a Dan Toys version. Not Now.

Roller - Can't get the bonnet to sit right. The mechanism is a good idea but fails in reality on most of these if the bonnet halves are even still there.

The Prisoner Moke, Missing wheel cover and steering wheel but happy to have it boxed.

Cadillac

Fireflite Box, bought on its own. just need to find the model for it somewhere in my cabinets.

Finally the Triumph. Definitely a water slide Decal, Definitely old as the logo wasn't used after 1978. Good quality. Hertz logo's of this scale available in plastic kits or anywhere else who knows? A nice oddity and I will leave you to study the pictures and debate. But I'm happy to have someones unique (or not) creation.

Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Nice #127 Rolls-Royce which looks like it could be the dark Gold version, similar to the example shown here...viewtopic.php?f=15&t=930&start=20#p31710

The steering wheel for the Mini Moke was not a unique design so it should be easy to source one from another general 'Beater' Dinky from a toy fair or job lot.

The 'HERTZ' decals are nice because there was a matching decal (HERTZ Truck Rental in the same size and almost the same colouring), added to some commercial toys from the period the Dinky Triumph 2000 was in production.

Ghosthunter.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Find below the result of a reasonably successful 4 or so weeks of activity:

Desoto Diplomats, been after one for quite some time, then I pick up two in separate lots in a week.

Chrysler Saratoga

Plymouth Plaza

Plymouth Belvedere

Fiat 1800 Stationwagon

Buick Roadmaster

PTT Volkswagen - When auctioned this item and plastic cover was mint. The seller sent this Mint 40+ year old toy in a post bag wrapped in a single sheet of bubblewrap surrounded by a circle of Cardboard. There is some damage to the plastic cover, but I am amazed it wasn't totally trashed.

Ferrari P6

Aston Martin DB6

Marrell Multi Bucket skip truck - With smooth Skip

Atlas Dinky Heinz Guy Vixen

With my Code 3 non window version. I won't spend the money needed to acquire an original so this is as good as it gets.

Differing fonts, I assume Atlas got it right and my code three has decals from Heinz Big Bedford.

A couple of unidentified air pumps

I also found what I think is a Morestone covered wagon as a donor of horses for the stage coach picked up a month or so ago

Lastly and not a Dinky, but to avoid it being an orphan post I will post it here, A charming Tomica Dandy Citroen. Playworn but so much functionality and cool graphics.

I had hoped to be posting pictures of the Dan Toys 985 Car Carrier and 989 Auto Transporter by now but the French strikes mean they haven't even left France yet. Patience is not a strong suit of mine.
Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Dave,
A load of fantastic stuff there again! I've still not seen the Atlas Guy still waiting.
Cheers
CW.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Dave, you have presented another great set of models, your collection is becoming more absorbing every time you post here, but I must say how much I love that DB6, pure nostalgia in seeing it on it's plynth in such a nice colour and thinking back to when these were in the shops.

This is one of the best looking models from Dinky Toys from that period.

If it ever becomes a burden for you in keeping it clean and tidy and dusting it every Day, let me know and I'll find a good Home for it... :lol:

Ghosthunter.