Kamaz - made in the USSR

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
RVREVO

Kamaz - made in the USSR

Post by RVREVO »

have been slowly building up my Kamaz collection and this time last year added a truck/trailer combo.
eBay Russia is interesting.

went by pictures and price.
quite pleased with this one.
kamaz1
kamaz1
DSC09037.JPG (165.09 KiB) Viewed 2541 times
kamaz 2
kamaz 2
DSC09039.JPG (165.07 KiB) Viewed 2541 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Kamaz - made in the USSR

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

We just don't see enough Russian toys and models in the UK, so thank's Richard for bringing this to the forum, perhaps we can tempt you to show some more from your collection.

Ghosthunter.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

I missed this thread before. I have a fair number of USSR models and rather like them.

The model on the right is a custom which I made using the cab from the MAZ 503. The remaining bits went to make up the short Kamaz tipper below. Not very authentic, I'm sure, but fun to do.

Here is an original MAZ 503. unfortunately they are susceptible to metal fatigue (or intergranular corrosion if you want to be more accurate).

Here's another custom I made, adding the snowplough from a 10p Corgi Unimog to a Zil 555 tipper.

This pretty Zil gritter is one of the last Russian models I bought.

There was a time in the early 90s when lots of Russian models were available at UK model shops and toy fairs, often at very reasonable prices, but there's rather less of it about now, and I seldom add to my collection nowadays. I'm pleased I bought them though, apart from the few which have fallen apart from fatigue! :x Nowadays you can get a good variety of 1/43 Russian cars in partworks, and they aren't bad, but these Chinese models do have less charm than their 80s Soviet counterparts.

Does anyone else have any Russian goodies to show us?
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Fred for showing some more Russian Trucks, I think they are wonderful and great customs you have there.

Yes please, more Russian models anyone!

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Thank's Fred for showing some more Russian Trucks, I think they are wonderful and great customs you have there.

Ghosthunter.
Ya comrad!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Thank's Fred for showing some more Russian Trucks, I think they are wonderful and great customs you have there.

Ghosthunter.
I've only got two USSR models, I managed to unearth this one today (1:43 scale)
Attachments
IMG_2127.JPG
IMG_2127.JPG (156.79 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

A nice GAZ AA there, these were made in Leningrad if I remember correctly. They made three versions, the AA, AAA with 3 axles and GAZ 60 with crawler tracks at the back. They were a bit cruder than most of the Russian models that made their way to the West, but still likeable, apart from the rather plasticky and unconvincing crawler tracks on the GAZ 60. My favourite one is a conversion I have with a bus body - I'll have to go and take a photo.

These GAZ vehicles were made at a factory which Ford helped to set up. There was an unhappy aspect to the story as some of the Americans who went to Russia for Ford ended up as victims of the purges later in the 30s.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

I have a large collection of "Russian" toys (some are Ukranian)... I traded for a number of years with a guy in Czechoslovakia (Pavel Sobol) who sent me toys from the Eastern Block Countries (USSR, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, East Germany, etc) and I sent him Matchbox toys... I added to this with items found in Australia and other countries while traveling, and more recently via eBay (with mixed success as several arrived in pieces when sent direct from Russia). One day I will sit down and photograph them for my web site....

Ian
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Your East Bloc collection sounds very interesting Ian, it would be great to see some pictures when you get a chance to take them.

I've been rather slow, but here's a picture of that GAZ AA bus I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

A friend recently gave me a Kamaz artic with "Perestroika" in large letters on the tilt. This version is in Cyrillic script, in contrast to the English script version I already had, so I was very pleased to add this to my collection.

Here's another Kamaz artic, this time with "Tatarstan" on the tilt.

Here's another conversion, based on the Zil 555. I didn't make this myself, although I had to repaint the cab.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Great little bus, can just see that making it's way through the Russian villages taking the kids to School!

Ghosthunter.