65a 3.4 litre jaguar

Is it genuine or is it fake?
brian

Re: 65a 3.4 litre jaguar

Post by brian »

Hi Brian,could u please upload clear close-up pics of the areas marked in yellow so that we all can have a better view and insight as to exactly why this baseplate & rivets may seem odd to most of us.Also add a side view of the chieselled rivets if possible so that we can view & determine the heights.
Thanks for your time.
numi

@Idris,i guess we all will know more for sure once Brian uploads more pics.
Regards numi[/quote]

hi numi

taken a couple of pics,this was the best one

johnboy

Post by johnboy »

brian wrote:
nickjones wrote:Mick (sms88) lives in Denmark so I don't think you will be seeing him at Aylesbury. But there's a good chance some of the other members will be there.
hi nick

i hope we will meet one day at a toy fair for you to have a look at the cars with the chisel rivets.i got talking to a member of this forum at potters bar toy fair and thats why i joined.
Hi Brian, was it you who was ticked off for talking Matchbox in front of a seller's table? :D
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
brian

Post by brian »

johnboy wrote:
brian wrote:
nickjones wrote:Mick (sms88) lives in Denmark so I don't think you will be seeing him at Aylesbury. But there's a good chance some of the other members will be there.
hi nick

i hope we will meet one day at a toy fair for you to have a look at the cars with the chisel rivets.i got talking to a member of this forum at potters bar toy fair and thats why i joined.
Hi Brian, was it you who was ticked off for talking Matchbox in front of a seller's table? :D
yes was you the other person we both got sent to the naughty corner. :D
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Yes, I was the other naughty boy :lol: Good to see you here.
John
brian

Post by brian »

johnboy wrote:Yes, I was the other naughty boy :lol: Good to see you here.
hi john thanks for telling me about the forum been a real help .are you going to Alsbury toy fair tomorrow ?,if not hope to bump into you again to finish our chat that we won't be told of :lol:
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

brian wrote:
hi john thanks for telling me about the forum been a real help .are you going to Alsbury toy fair tomorrow ?,if not hope to bump into you again to finish our chat that we won't be told of :lol:
There's a slim chance I'll be there, I'll look out for you if I make it.
John
brian

Post by brian »

johnboy wrote:
brian wrote:
There's a slim chance I'll be there, I'll look out for you if I make it.
will look out for you.i will also bring a couple of cars with me for you to have a look at .if you don't go i'll catch up with you again at a toy fair.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Brian's rivets..jpg
Brian's rivets..jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
It does appear to have enough 'neck' left, (between my two yellow lines) to indicate this rivet has not been 'spun-down' so if this is a fake, then the baseplate has been forced off from the body, over the rivets, without damage, leaving the neck proud, then the only easy way to keep the base secure, is to impart little indentations around the top edge of the rivet, with a screw-driver or small chisel-like object.

Models from this period often have loose baseplates, (certainly #44a Silver Cloud) and it would only require the purchase of a few to find one that's loose enough to remove without too much fuss.

GHOSTHUNTER.
brian

Post by brian »

ghosthunter

these are the three vehicles all together

brian

Post by brian »

the 41a is not that clear in the above pic so hes another one