RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
RSSierra

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by RSSierra »

Hi All

Chris not much luck on the stamp front for these boxes, two have what look like M18 and one has what looks like a 42 on the outside of the lower boxes. Some traces of red stamps on the inside of the upper lids on all but nothing even slightly legible so no photos other than those below.

Overall I am really happy with the trucks, very minor wear from box rubbing and a few minor chips. They look like they have spent their entire lives in the boxes as paint is bright and shiny and there is box paper stuck to the flatspots on the tyres.

Box stamps first

Here they are:

Guy

Owner details before he moved to NZ

Foden

Bedford 521

All together!

This weeks other arrivals were three early race cars.

Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Those lorries look even better up close. Many thanks for posting these detailed pictures - almost as good as being able to handle these fine toys!
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

The 8 wheel Foden is a wonderful model. I see a lot of these at the historic vehicle events I attend.
Bob
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Dave,
Sorry for the late reply mate. They look fantastic, can't believe some of this stuff is still out there, and virtually as good as new. those haven't seen much playwear at all. They are all great mate, but the black hubs Bedford is the one for me, I love it.
M18 is probably Jan '48. So an early one there!
Cheers
CW.
PS, They're all early issues, the Guy has none Supertoy hubs, tin clips, no webs, and "Supertoy", and the Foden has herringbones, no tanker slots, and no tow hook, so late 40's to early 50's is spot on.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Cheers Chris

There is another early Boxed 521 black hub version on the bay at the moment with a reasonable buy now if you are looking to add one to your collection.

Acquisitions this week are down from the lofty heights of boxed early vintage models to more bulk lot playworn models from France and a few singles to fill gaps.

French Dinky Mercedes SL

French Dinky Maserati

French Dinky 1419 Ford Thunderbird. This is an unusual one in that it has a battery box in the chassis to light up the rear lights. Will put up a picture when I get a chance. This tends to go for money I'm not prepared to spend, so it was nice to find a lightly playworn example for reasonable dough.

Prisoner Mini Moke Box. Once again price too good to pass up, looking for a Moke in reasonable condition if anyone has one.

Now the bulk lot stuff, mostly French

Repaint which will eventually be stripped back to original

And the non French

Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Nice ones Mate,
Black hubs on the mixer isn't too easy to find either.
Citroen vans are really nice.
CW
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Are you running out of space yet for all these new additions to your collection? :D Lots of nice stuff, my favourite would be the Junior Renault 4 - a great find.

I was at a toy fair today and found a nice yellow 521 with black wheels for a reasonable price. Perhaps its presence there was influenced by my thinking about this item when reading your post? Alternatively, it might just have been a complete coincidence... :roll:
lionel-honda

Post by lionel-honda »

Nice additions recently! I have a mint Prisoner Moke, and I am looking for a nice box for it. Hmmmm....not sure how we are going to work this one out?

Scott
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Hey Scott

Happy to pass it on...PM me your address details and I'll send it to you. Chances on me finding a mint Moke are slim!

Just keep me in mind when you run across the next Collection with a duplicate you don't need....

Cheers

Dave
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Dave, that is a nice gesture to pass that Mini Moke box on to a fellow member and Scott, do please show the Marriage here when you have them together, I am a big 'Prisoner' fan and love seeing the Dinky model.

Ghosthunter.