Australia! Atlas Editions?

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
aalan

Australia! Atlas Editions?

Post by aalan »

Greetings from Australia

I am seeking to eventually obtain a model of every car I have owned. This includes such esoteric cars as Aston Martin DB2.4 Mk III and also lesser brands such as Jaguar (numerous models), Austin 7 (1930!) MG TD, Jensen Interceptor and others. My daughter in the UK sent me some lovely Jaguar models supplied as part of a series by Atlas Editions. I have no end of trouble trying to extract any interest from them and they don't supply to Australia anyway. They couldn't even tell me the scale of the models I have that were marketed through them. So my first newbie question is what scale are they likely to be? The E type Jag for instance measures approx (at largest points) 10.1 cm X 3.9 cm X 2.8 cm high. Next question: who is a good supplier of models of that scale (with a wide range)? I would also like to obtain Wolseley 6/80 and 6/90 black as used by the Met police in the 50s/60s. That's all for now folks!
Miller

Re: Australia! Atlas Editions?

Post by Miller »

Aalen, the scale of your Jag is called 1:43. Its the size in the middle of this photo.

As your collection of long gone cars is a special one, i wouldn´t look out for a single supplier. I would search for the car with the 1:43 tag and then try to find a supplier for the single modell.
Roland

Variations are bad for limited showcases
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Aalen,
The 6/90 was made by Brooklin, though not a Police car as far as I know....

http://www.minimodelshop.co.uk/diecast- ... oCzuXw_wcB

The 6/80 by Budgie in roughly 1/76 and 1/43 scale...

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.as ... ction=1913

Cheers
Chris Warr.
cOO7rgi

Post by cOO7rgi »

Atlas Editions are usually made in 1:43 scale - length about 10 cm/4 in.

Aston Martin DB Mark III is a new 1:43 release from Oxford Diecast this year. The car is also available as a white-metal handbuilt from SMTS but this is a poor model (too small wheels and looks plump) and I would rather wait for the Oxford.

MG TD was available in 1:43 from Neo in resin and from Kenna Models in white-metal.

Generally, these models will be more costly than the Atlas models you already have. The Oxford Aston will be the only one similarly priced. The others are either handbuilt in England (most white-metal models) or China (most resin models) and therefore higher priced. Resin models usually offer better detailing but the heavy white-metal models also have their following.
brainstrust

Post by brainstrust »

You've gotta get some Australian cars too!!!! :)
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It depends on what brand of model car is chosen by Atlas Editions from those that have been made over the Years as to what scale they are. Atlas have recently marketed a lot of 1950's Dinky Toys which will be in the 1/48th scale but they have brought forward their models into the 1960's by marketing an Aston Martin DB6 DHC and Ford MkIV Executive, both in the larger 1/43rd scale.

Their Eddie Stobart truck series is around 1/76th scale and their Tanks series are 1/72nd.

Ghosthunter.