#52 PURPLE DODGE CHARGER

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
numi

#52 PURPLE DODGE CHARGER

Post by numi »

Hi All,please help view and confirm whether this is the Darkest Purple Dodge Charger (looks more plum).
I do not have any other specimens to compare so ive uploaded 3x pics for u to help determine.
Thanks in advance.
numi
Attachments
IMG_2734.JPG
IMG_2734.JPG (90.85 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
numi

Re: #52 PURPLE DODGE CHARGER

Post by numi »

2nd pic
Attachments
IMG_2734 - Copy.JPG
IMG_2734 - Copy.JPG (111.56 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
numi

Post by numi »

3rd pic
Attachments
IMG_2734 - Copy (2).JPG
IMG_2734 - Copy (2).JPG (81.24 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
numi

ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

The colour shades of this model are very hard to judge from pictures.

This is a daylight picture of the two shades of purple I have in my collection:

Yours seems even darker than both of these, and a little more "red" and less "purple", but I am by no means sure. (It also seems darker than any other - magenta or red or pink - ones I have in my collection.)
micullee

Post by micullee »

I have only two to compare, but neither is as dark as yours in the photos.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

As it should say in the listing text on Nick´s site, it looks like you do indeed have the darkest #52 which matches the standard colour of the SF19 Lotus F1 and the next darkest match the purples of the 22 Pontiac GP.
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

Here are some comparison pictures between the #52 Charger, #22 Pontiacs and the #19 Lotus Racer. I consider the two Chargers on the right to be purple, with the darkest shade (with label) to be the hardest to find. It is a nearly identical shade to the darkest #22 Pontiac I have. My #19 Lotus Racers are all a similar Burgundy color, and are close, but slightly more red in hue. I have seen other shades on the #19 racer which have more violet undertones and I think is the same shade at the darker Pontiac and Charger (don't have one to compare).

Based on your pictures, I am thinking you do have the darkest shade of purple.

-David

numi

Post by numi »

[quote="vetrad"]Here are some comparison pictures between the #52 Charger, #22 Pontiacs and the #19 Lotus Racer. I consider the two Chargers on the right to be purple, with the darkest shade (with label) to be the hardest to find. It is a nearly identical shade to the darkest #22 Pontiac I have. My #19 Lotus Racers are all a similar Burgundy color, and are close, but slightly more red in hue. I have seen other shades on the #19 racer which have more violet undertones and I think is the same shade at the darker Pontiac and Charger (don't have one to compare).

Based on your pictures, I am thinking you do have the darkest shade of purple.

-David

Thank u very much David & Christian for these lovely comparison pics and notes and know that i appreciate your time & effort.Thanks to Miculee & Sms88 also for your input.
I did compare my Dark Purple Pontiac pics but this Purple Charger is deeper/much darker in color...more plum.I would have had more to say/explain if i knew what candycoats & undertones etc means.
Could other members on here give us some other comparison pics & input please!!
Thanks again,
Regards
numi
Attachments
1876109_130424134204_sf_pontiac2.jpg
1876109_130424134204_sf_pontiac2.jpg (58.13 KiB) Viewed 982 times
numi

nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Does look very dark Numi, I will have to dig my Chargers out and have a look. J
Attachments
My one and only Deep purple
My one and only Deep purple
52p.jpg (156.55 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Last edited by nearlymint on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

Hi Numi,

Interesting...in that case, it would appear either I do not have the darkest shade of Charger or you do not have the darkest shade of Pontiac. I can only comment on my own models and I will say I have pursued Pontiac shades with some enthusiasm and there are many different shades among the "dark purple" Pontiac. I kept thinking I had the darkest one and then I would still find a darker one. I have decided there are two major shade differences on the 'dark' purple Pontiac; a more violet shade some people call mid-purple and a much deeper, purple. But there are subtle shades in between. However, I have not pursued the purple Charger shades as intently and I may need to do some more purple charger hunting. If we keep trying to pin this down, maybe we can make your dark purple Charger almost mythical :-)

-David