A perfect start of the year......

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
kay

A perfect start of the year......

Post by kay »

Hi all,

the new year is just a few days old, but it started extremely well for me…

Yesterday I went to a toy and toy train show some 35 miles north of where I live.
Most of the dealers there had tons of toy trains and related items, and there were just a few diecast models mixed in here and there.
One of the dealers had about 20 unboxed Regular Wheels which he said he had from an old train layout that he bought some time ago.
He had no idea about the models, so he had priced them all the same. In between all the (mostly overpriced) standard models were three items that I had to buy…..

The 69b Hatra (Stannard code 3) with the red hubs is not not particulary rare, but is not too easy to find - and I did not have it in my collection.
The dark blue 55b Ford Fairlane Police Car (Stannard code 1) is very rare over here, so I took it with me. I already have a mint boxed one, but probably I can trade it for a model that I need.
Star of the lot obviously is the 72a Fordson Tractor with yellow hubs (Stannard code 12, but with black plastic tires). Even that there are so many fakes around of this model lately, I’m 100 % sure it is genuine – the axle ends look perfect to me, and it has some kind of provenance.
Some of you might say that “coming from an old toy train layout” is not enough of a provenance, but for me, the whole story sounds very convincing.

Here are two more close-up pictures of the model:

I wonder if the year will continue for me like that – but I hope so!! :) :)
Kay
Sir_Matchbox_96

Re: A perfect start of the year......

Post by Sir_Matchbox_96 »

Wow these are awesome Kay!
I really like the colour on the police car. I was able to find a beater of this colour variation, but I'am still looking for an update on this one. We may meet on 24.1.?
The Fordson looks good, too.
Was ein perfekter Start! Da hat sich die Reise ja gelohnt. Ich hoffe wir sehen uns bald wieder.

Liebe Grüße,
Linus
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Wonderful start to the new year Kay! I bet you couldn't believe your luck to find those beauties :)
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I would be very happy to find just one of those models, but to find all Three, in the same place, is that not a little bit suspicious or have the good luck Gods really been kind to you... :D

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Congratulations Kay, dont you just love these train enthusiasts!! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

motorman wrote:Congratulations Kay, dont you just love these train enthusiasts!! :D
oh yes some just don't know what they have ;)
reg
tractorboy

Post by tractorboy »

Nice finds - what a great start to the year.
"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever." ---Mary Jo Putney

Rodger
MBXPilot

Post by MBXPilot »

Great finds! That police car is a beauty. Another one that I only own as a beater and have yet to upgrade. Happy new year!!
Have a look at my blog: www.ladiecast.blogspot.com
matchbox_n_molars

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

Awesome Kay! I'm happy for you! I've never even held one of those yellow wheeled Fordsons in my hands. You've done VERY well my friend.
Greg in Cincinnati
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

What an amazing start. If it continues like this, you will have found all there is to find. Congrats. See you in July at the Gathering.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information