corgi Juniors Healer Wheeler 36B-4 (Purple)

Corgi & Husky toys by Mettoy
McCarthyMR

corgi Juniors Healer Wheeler 36B-4 (Purple)

Post by McCarthyMR »

Are the purple versions HTF?

I found various websites saying they exist but none seem to have picks, some posting wanted ads for them. I did find the odd pic on image search but not many at all.

I bought a blue and a purple one today in a charity shop for 50p each.

Here are some pics of the cars together. Anyone able to help with finding out how common the purple one is please?

GHOSTHUNTER

Re: corgi Juniors Healer Wheeler 36B-4 (Purple)

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I would say they are un-common, I found Two examples on a quick internet search, but if you really want the 'HTF' versions, you should search out dark Blue lamps additional to the light Blue and Purple on British Corgi models.

Then on the 'Metalbox' GMK versions there are...
Dark Blue.
Light Blue.

Then on the 'Kiko' Corgi versions there are...
Red.
Dark Red.
Medium Blue.
Dark Blue.
Olive Green.
Amber.
Grey tint.

Across models dressed as 'POLICE', 'FIRE' and 'AMBULANCE' vehicles.

GHOSTHUNTER.
McCarthyMR

Post by McCarthyMR »

Thanks Ghostie, fountain of knowledge as always.

Interestingly the base on both differs as well. In the pic, the blue is at the front and clearly has a glossiness to it. The purple is most definitely Matt and has no shine at all.

I also wondered because the pics I found, when I blew them up were actually blue. I don't have a copy of the great book of corgi so can't check it out in there. :-(
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Happy Birthday to MR McCarthy and what a nice Day to have it on.

Ghosty.
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

McCarthyMR wrote:I don't have a copy of the great book of corgi so can't check it out in there. :-(
Sadly the "Great Book of Corgi" does not deal with Corgi Juniors at all. The only book covering the small ones in detail, as far as I know, is still Bill Manzke's "Corgi Juniors & Husky Models" issued in 2004, and it is far from comprehensive. The main variations of the Healer Wheeler are listed in there, but no distinction regarding rarity of individual variations is made. Baseplate shades are not distinguished.

Somebody should produce a truly comprehensive guide to Corgi Juniors variations, but I doubt anybody will take the plunge in the foreseeable future.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

We are fortunate enough to have a few members here who have very comprehensive collections of the 'Husky-Junior ranges', not so sure about the 'Rockets' range, so it would be nice if they got together and created a 'Casting Show' just for those models.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:We are fortunate enough to have a few members here who have very comprehensive collections of the 'Husky-Junior ranges', not so sure about the 'Rockets' range, so it would be nice if they got together and created a 'Casting Show' just for those models.
If the demand exists, I would be happy to create a new sub-area for this.