Previous Line Previews

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
jimgallegos

Previous Line Previews

Post by jimgallegos »

3 Very difficult to obtain Line Preview models. One signed by former Mattel CEO Bob Eckert
Attachments
FullSizeRender-17.jpg
FullSizeRender-17.jpg (229.04 KiB) Viewed 685 times
FullSizeRender-16.jpg
FullSizeRender-16.jpg (230.52 KiB) Viewed 685 times
FullSizeRender-15.jpg
FullSizeRender-15.jpg (230.65 KiB) Viewed 685 times
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information
David Tilley

Re: Previous Line Previews

Post by David Tilley »

I wish we would have another line preview. I really enjoyed them.

I also have these 3 models, but mine look a little different....
So much better without that awful cardboard stuff around them.
Ah the moment in 2008 when the Desert Thunder V16 was released.... There was no photo of the 2006 Tractor Plow coming out of the package, as I managed to do it so fast, I had not even removed it from the carrier bag of goodies that Mattel gave us before it was free. I opened up that bag, and one-handed, I got the model out of its package. Jim forced me to hold off on the 2nd one to at least get some photographic proof of it happening.

:) :D :P
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

:o but hang on a minute, its now no longer mint in box.....how you gonna sell that in the future for a princely sum...!

Ghosty.
David Tilley

Post by David Tilley »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote::o but hang on a minute, its now no longer mint in box.....how you gonna sell that in the future for a princely sum...!

Ghosty.
Sell? :o OMG I could never sell. I will hopefully (fingers crossed) never have to be in a position where I would ever need to sell any of my models. That is for my friend to deal with after I pass away as she inherits my collection as stipulated in my will.

:) :D :P
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

I remember David directly in front of me receiving his model. It took him less than 3 seconds to liberate it. I would not sell mine either.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote::o but hang on a minute, its now no longer mint in box.....how you gonna sell that in the future for a princely sum...!

Ghosty.
Loose examples are certainly even rarer than packaged ones, so they should be more valuable, no? ;)
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

Based on supply and demand, yes. LOL