Some Help Required on These

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Cam

Some Help Required on These

Post by Cam »

More questions I am afraid from one who doesn't know much about these as of yet. The MB2 Jet is copyright 1983 made in Macau and I am sure it is very common but the others are odd. I perused Christian's ID site and found them but these are packaged and printed in Canada and have both French and English on the back sides. Also I couldn't find any of the #75 Rescue Helicopters that showed clear glass as this one does. I am glad to add these to my growing collections however, but I would like a bit of knowledge about them. Thanks in advance.

Cam
Attachments
Canadian packaging
Canadian packaging
75-24.jpg (104.83 KiB) Viewed 745 times
Canadian packaging
Canadian packaging
75-25-6.jpg (110.04 KiB) Viewed 745 times
UK packaging, fairly common?
UK packaging, fairly common?
75-61.jpg (125.94 KiB) Viewed 745 times
Clear glass on the cockpit, Canadian packaging
Clear glass on the cockpit, Canadian packaging
75-75.jpg (98.01 KiB) Viewed 745 times
Back of the Canadian cards
Back of the Canadian cards
75 back.jpg (99.34 KiB) Viewed 745 times
Fairly common I think
Fairly common I think
MB2.jpg (120.01 KiB) Viewed 745 times
If it wasn't for drugs, alcohol, and stupidity, I'd be out of work!
ChFalkensteiner

Re: Some Help Required on These

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

I do not see anything unusual about the models pictured, apart from the Canadian cards. The European type blisterpack of the Blue Shark is the one we commonly see over here. I'd say this type is much more common than Canadian cards everywhere except in Canada.

The Helicopter has quite obviously red window glazing, which is slightly less common than the usual blue, but by no means rare.
Cam

Post by Cam »

Thanks Christian, I thought the red was just the seats in behind, but on closer inspection I see what you mean.

Cam
If it wasn't for drugs, alcohol, and stupidity, I'd be out of work!
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

ChFalkensteiner wrote:I do not see anything unusual about the models pictured, apart from the Canadian cards. The European type blisterpack of the Blue Shark is the one we commonly see over here. I'd say this type is much more common than Canadian cards everywhere except in Canada.

The Helicopter has quite obviously red window glazing, which is slightly less common than the usual blue, but by no means rare.
It's funny that you say that Christian. Never been a favourite model of mine the Helicopter, but despite having had quite a few and looked at many, I've never owned or even seen in the flesh one with windows any other colour than the standard blue. Perhaps a regional thing, that they are seemingly exclusively blue windowed in NZ?

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...