Casting #75

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
kerbside

Casting #75

Post by kerbside »

75a Ford Thunderbird, issued 1960, length 67mm, box types B-C and D.
75b Ferrari Berlinetta, issued 1965, length 75mm, box types E and F.

The three different stages of the rear trim of 75a.

The spoked wheels and Disc Wheels.

The Silver painted base.

George T.

This is the last one of the Regular wheel casting show, I had hoped that more members would have posted their variations on it.
Which I did not show not only casting differences but wheel variations as well.
Thank you to all the members that did post their models.

George T.
motorman

Re: Casting #75

Post by motorman »

George, i want to thank you for your contribution to this section of the Forum. I am aware that you are some what disappointed by the lack of posts from others, regardless of that, what you have created is anothrr great reference area for collectors to visit and increase their knowledge of RW's and that is very much appreciated.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

motorman wrote:George, i want to thank you for your contribution to this section of the Forum. I am aware that you are some what disappointed by the lack of posts from others, regardless of that, what you have created is anothrr great reference area for collectors to visit and increase their knowledge of RW's and that is very much appreciated.
I completely agree with Motorman and extend my thanks also! While I commented occasionally and didn't post any photos here, I always looked at George's posts and learned many things about this beautiful models.
Thanks!

Bill
DurangoKid
MatchboxFreak

Post by MatchboxFreak »

Thank you George for all the hard work you have put in to create this section of VBD and to work through all of the RW series so methodically. Your photographs and descriptions are excellent and consistent and i have been enjoying reading them all.
In particular I like that you often include side by side photos and note (with a few words) what the differences are.

And now it is up to us, the rest of the members of VBD, to populate and fill in any missing pieces of this section.
Tinman has mentioned the value of having a resource where one can find images of each face of each model including the back and the bottom. Dr Jazz or Antonin have often shared views of the interiors. This would be a great place to link or post those images.

( Unfortunately I have not yet mastered taking clear, high resolution photos of diecast with my phone and posting them directly to VBD forum. So that will be one of my personal tasks/challenges for the coming year. )

In the meantime, Kudos and many thanks to George for showing us the way!

Kurt
Happy hunting!
Kurt
matchbox_n_molars

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

What will you do with yourself George, now that you've reached the end of the line? I never tire of looking through your unparalleled collection George, and like the others, I so appreciate your willingness to share you time with us on efforts such as this. One of these days I'll find one of those red Berlinettas.
I will add one photo to further tell your #75 story.
Here is a picture of the assorted base colors for the #75A Thunderbirds:

Greg in Cincinnati
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

matchbox_n_molars wrote:...... I never tire of looking through your unparalleled collection George, and like the others, I so appreciate your willingness to share you time with us on efforts such as this.
I too would like to thank George for the orderly display each week, it is great reference. I would also like to acknowledge the postings from Dan-Brad Pittiful for the interesting variations and to “ fintail” for the models with the boxes, I am quite fond of those with price tags still attached and not to forget all other members for adding to the show. Thanks gents and lady.

Regards
Bert
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

A 75b in the htf metallic blue green. (Extremely pleased with this addition since it means I can finally stop buying badly photographed metallic green examples! :D )
Attachments
75b-31.jpg
75b-31.jpg (18.92 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
motorman

Post by motorman »

Idris wrote:A 75b in the htf metallic blue green. (Extremely pleased with this addition since it means I can finally stop buying badly photographed metallic green examples! :D )
That Ferrari looks superb Hugh. Congratulations on finding this very rare colour shade variation not to mention that rare 'F' type box variation in mint condition!!! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
numi

Post by numi »

Idris wrote:A 75b in the htf metallic blue green. (Extremely pleased with this addition since it means I can finally stop buying badly photographed metallic green examples! :D )
Superb specimen Idris :D the one thats missing in most collections!
Glad to see u adding some nice minty models to your collection and more importantly adding them to the forum topics ;)
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

kerbside wrote:This is the last one of the Regular wheel casting show, I had hoped that more members would have posted their variations on it. Which I did not show not only casting differences but wheel variations as well. Thank you to all the members that did post their models.
George T.
i finally was able to transfer my models from one photobucket account to another...i will now play catch up posting pics to the casting show

the rare red model is one i painted...im still looking for a real one

painted base with F-type box

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.