Re: A Desk Calendar of Models

Post by Ecclesley »

Those Shadows are BEAUTIFUL!!
The quickest way to end a war? Lose it!
See (part of) my collection here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/broadcaster/
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Ghosty another nice pair of the 24 Rolls, but a calendar only consists of 12 months will put them in next year God willing.

George T.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Alex I did order four from Melbourne But a Truck they were on Broke down coming to Perth a distance of 3000 miles after a fort-night the wholesaler sent me four more express post they took only 2 days.

He said if the original ones turn up just keep them, so I might have four spare one on my hands, as they will not be any good for 2017 :lol: :lol:

George T.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Good point about late deliveries of Calendars, you order them for the start of 2016 and they don't arrive until halfway through the Year, pretty pointless having them... :lol:

George, I think putting our favourite models on Calendars is a very good idea and I admire those collectors in a position able to do this such as yourself and I know there are collectors out there that will want them even if they are out of date, we just have to collect anything with Matchbox models displayed such as Jigsaw puzzles, ashtrays, desk tidies, badges etc, etc, so I hope you can keep on producing them for future collectors to enjoy.

GHOSTHUNTER.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Thanks George. I am sure there could be some orders for your 2016 calender. :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

very cool calendar George!
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

Squid wrote:
mbox2000 wrote:My only interest in the Superfast range is really the transitional so and you have captured some of the best. I suppose my RW interest is from playing with them as a child. I wonder how many other members feel the same.
I never played with Regular Wheels as a child; I was born almost a decade after that era ended. My interest comes from Regular Wheels being beautiful in their simplicity, that a lot of them have moving parts (something sadly absent from currently available toy die-cast), and that Lesney were not successful with their in-house designs.

Beautiful pictures for the calendar. To expand on radar's comment, a "quintessentially British" theme might be a good one.
George,
A GREAT looking double dozen for the calendar -- some beautiful models !! I only wish that I would have kept buying the early Superfast models (post RW) when I was a kid. Starting spending my money then on girls and real car stuff instead of Matchbox...............!!?? :shock: :lol:

Squid: Great to see you posting!! Hope that all is well with you in sunny California!!

Bill
DurangoKid
matchbox_n_molars

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

motorman wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
fixer wrote:great comparison shots between the ranges
another thread in the making of RW and their direct SF counterpart and vice versa
Perhaps it can be called...Before and After.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Or 'less good and 'better'.................only joking you rw devotees!!! ;) :lol:
I'm afraid for some of us Alex it would be "the good old days and the beginning of the end"! :o
Greg in Cincinnati
matchbox_n_molars

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

kerbside wrote:
As I send one to Greg (Molars) in the USA I have to put a customs label on the Jiffy envelope.

George T.
One great calendar deserves another George! Keep an eye on your mail box! ;)
Greg in Cincinnati
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Bill, I was already in to my 1st year as an apprentice and in my case it was girls and bicycle and Elvis 78rpm also Bill Hayley records.

So I did not start collecting the 1-75 models until about 1998.

George T.