daz28

anyone got one of these ?

Post by daz28 »

Not sure if it classes as a superfast
Idris
Site Admin

Re: anyone got one of these ?

Post by Idris »

I don't have one, but I can tell you that it was marketed as part of a range called "Zoomy Balloonies".
motorman

Post by motorman »

Here is a box of them sold via Vectis not so long ago.

http://www.vectis.co.uk/AuctionImages/312/1283_m.jpg
Last edited by motorman on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

One of many alternative toy products from the mighty Lesney company. Never had one so not sure how well they went, but you had to attach a blown up balloon to the back module and I think the pressing of the button on top opened a valve allowing the balloon's air to escape forcing the toy forwards along a smooth surface, the operation working in a similar way to how the Hovercraft works.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:One of many alternative toy products from the mighty Lesney company. Never had one so not sure how well they went, but you had to attach a blown up balloon to the back module and I think the pressing of the button on top opened a valve allowing the balloon's air to escape forcing the toy forwards along a smooth surface, the operation working in a similar way to how the Hovercraft works.
No.
The air in the balloon, being slightly above atmospheric pressure, escaped via a piece of rubber with a pinched end, making a high-pitched squealing sound and, in so doing, created a jet of air at the back of the "vehicle". As a result of action and reaction, the air leaving at the back propelled the "vehicle" forwards. (Exactly the same propulsion principle as a rocket.)
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Hugh, was not sure if the Balloon sat on top or at the rear and I did not know this toy was an Audible one, don't think I'll be collecting them :D

Ghosty.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

"Blow 'em up and hear 'em go" was the slogan.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Thank's Hugh, was not sure if the Balloon sat on top or at the rear...
Sorry. I should have made that clear. The balloon sits on top, over the opening in the middle.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Idris wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:One of many alternative toy products from the mighty Lesney company. Never had one so not sure how well they went, but you had to attach a blown up balloon to the back module and I think the pressing of the button on top opened a valve allowing the balloon's air to escape forcing the toy forwards along a smooth surface, the operation working in a similar way to how the Hovercraft works.
No.
The air in the balloon, being slightly above atmospheric pressure, escaped via a piece of rubber with a pinched end, making a high-pitched squealing sound and, in so doing, created a jet of air at the back of the "vehicle". As a result of action and reaction, the air leaving at the back propelled the "vehicle" forwards. (Exactly the same propulsion principle as a rocket.)
In other words:

F = m X a

F- Force
m - mass
a - acceleration

or something like that :lol:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

This thread's just full of hot air!