Show us your toy room!

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
brainstrust

Re: Show us your toy room!

Post by brainstrust »

Fred7A wrote:Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. The yellow Talbot has all late features - ridged hubs, open steering wheel and no silver on the screen. The greyish Talbot near the repro Hall's Distemper men has smooth hubs and a solid steering wheel, but a standard postwar black base. The windscreen has a silver surround, but I think it's a repro screen.

Just noticed that the Spot On Z Car is facing the wrong way so I've turned it round! :D
You have so much room!!!! I thought I was lucky to have a study and a couple of cabinets but you have soooooooo much room :D
Shane

Post by Shane »

WOW!
You all have such amazing collections and wonderful display cases/shelves.
My collection (nothing compared to the ones posted here) are sadly all in boxes. Since my move two years ago, I just have not had the ambition to build my toy room :(
But when I do, I will surely be stealing some of your ideas for cases and shelving :D
Play with toys and be forever young!
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

I do not have a toy room :( , but got this display off Tim a while back for some of my superfast models. Just wanted some on display for comparing when I see something unusual :D .
Display
Display
1to75Supera.jpg (41.64 KiB) Viewed 872 times
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

...and I bet most of the models in it are little gems knowing you Jason... :D

Ghosty.
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:...and I bet most of the models in it are little gems knowing you Jason... :D

Ghosty.
There are a couple in there Ghosty, nice just to have a few out rather than stashed away in boxes. J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Sadly all mine are in boxes and bags, not a single model is actually on display, I have never owned a display cabinet and I don't think I have ever lived in a property where I could have one, how unfortunate is that!

GHOSTHUNTER.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Sadly all mine are in boxes and bags, not a single model is actually on display, I have never owned a display cabinet and I don't think I have ever lived in a property where I could have one, how unfortunate is that!

GHOSTHUNTER.
Well I think we should all club together and buy you a nice 8x20 caravan you can park up somewhere and load with all your treasures! :lol:

Ian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

toysnz wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Sadly all mine are in boxes and bags, not a single model is actually on display, I have never owned a display cabinet and I don't think I have ever lived in a property where I could have one, how unfortunate is that!

GHOSTHUNTER.
Well I think we should all club together and buy you a nice 8x20 caravan you can park up somewhere and load with all your treasures! :lol:

Ian
Hmm, I quite like the sound of that idea.

Ghosty.
Viewfield

Post by Viewfield »

GHOSTHUNTER.
The boot on a Silver Shadow is quite large, I'm sure a couple of cabinets will fit in there! :lol: :P

Rod
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Viewfield wrote:

GHOSTHUNTER.
The boot on a Silver Shadow is quite large, I'm sure a couple of cabinets will fit in there! :lol: :P

Rod
Of course, why didn't I think of that, a Rolls-Royce model car collection in a Rolls-Royce...brilliant and when I'm towing a Caravan full of the rest of them, I'll go to Classic car shows with them.

Ghosty.