Large Lesney Superfast collection for sale

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
fixer

Re: Large Lesney Superfast collection for sale

Post by fixer »

Coincidentally there's one on eBay for £500 which keeps being relisted
Good luck David I would love to bid on some of you stuff but fear it will go way above my current budget :(
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

I would like to congratulate David on his Vectis auction. Very strong prices paid for the many prepros for sale and i was delighted to pick up several very nice models for my own collection. The #12 Landrover Safari's final sale price was astonishing reaching well over £5000 and close to £7000 with the commission added. Well done David!! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi all some very high prices I think they must be serious collectors I hope they are not putting their pensions in for investment. I managed to pick up two bits, Swamp Rat & Kennel Truck. I think a few cheapies went through but prices were quite strong Pete
numi

Post by numi »

Havnt heard from David since to tell us what he personally thought of his auctions and the manner in which Vectis handed the entire sale.Also im sure we all would like to think that David is still an active member on this forum.
Where are u David??? ;)
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

Lol Numi, Since Matchbox was my moral compass, I find everything else I want to do is either illegal or immoral. I can't write about it publically so I have nothing I can contribute!

Kidding aside, I am still lurking around. I am very happy to see MM and a few other other collectors who contacted me were happy with their pieces. Since I still have not received any proceeds from the auction, I do not want to praise Vectis too much yet ;-) Overall, I think they did a great job and were really easy to deal with. I kept a fairly hands-off approach to how they marketed the models and let them do their thing. I think some models went for a bargain and others went for more than I thought. It all averaged out where I hoped and I am pleased with the results.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about a particular model.

-David
numi

Post by numi »

Gee David,not sure how i quite missed your response! Glad to know that alls good and that ure still around.....lurking :lol: .
Im pleased to assess & know that uve done quite well with the auctions and im sure all buyers did too! There were some really lovely & hft variations to be had in most castings.The prepros did go thru the roof though,signs of the collector bug.
Maybe contact me for the Carribean trip when the proceeds do arrive :lol: :lol:
Stay well,
numi
Last edited by numi on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
motorman

Post by motorman »

numi wrote: Maybe contact me for the Carribean trip when the proceeds do arrive :lol: :lol:

numi
Hey that's unfair Bonny lass, what about me, Ghosty, Reg, Jason and Johnboy ? we all want to come along to Numi Island!! :mrgreen:
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Wow, what an image that creates...Numi Island and us Guys sunbathing with a cool drink, my manservant giving out ice cubes everywhere...

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Wow, what an image that creates...Numi Island and us Guys sunbathing with a cool drink, my manservant giving out ice cubes everywhere...

Ghosty.
Can i have a stiff drink along with the ice cubes Ghosty or is this Island T total? :?
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Wow, what an image that creates...Numi Island and us Guys sunbathing with a cool drink, my manservant giving out ice cubes everywhere...

Ghosty.
Can i have a stiff drink along with the ice cubes Ghosty or is this Island T total? :?
I have yet to ask our host.

Ghosty.