Show us your toy room!

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
motorman

Re: Show us your toy room!

Post by motorman »

Simply wonderful, i could spend a whole week in Freds toy room taking it all in!!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. The yellow Talbot has all late features - ridged hubs, open steering wheel and no silver on the screen. The greyish Talbot near the repro Hall's Distemper men has smooth hubs and a solid steering wheel, but a standard postwar black base. The windscreen has a silver surround, but I think it's a repro screen.

Just noticed that the Spot On Z Car is facing the wrong way so I've turned it round! :D
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank you Fred for showing us a large (very large!), part of your collection. With evidence like that I have no trouble rushing through your application into the great 'Hall of Fame of Model Collectors'.

A nice sprinkling of Rolls-Royce cars among those displays.

You have no excuse now of ever being bored stiff with nothing to do... :lol:

Take care, your collection needs you.

Ghosty.
Sir_Matchbox_96

Post by Sir_Matchbox_96 »

I'am a pure Lesney/Matchbox collector but this are absolutely stunning collections.
Keep your pics comming, keep this thread alive :)
Linus
zBret

Post by zBret »

Very Nice Fred !
Plenty to tinker with there :D

zBret
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

Fred,

that is not a collection, it is a museum. There are just too many nice models to try to see in pics. Truly impressive. Thanks for sharing.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Fred7A wrote:Lots of great displays here! I'm always tinkering with parts of my displays, meaning that there is always something in disarray. :oops:
I've just gone round and taken a few photos of my cabinets.
Very impressive Fred, I noticed a Spot On construction set in the second picture, have you ever assembled your set?

Regards
Bert
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

yellowfoden wrote: Very impressive Fred, I noticed a Spot On construction set in the second picture, have you ever assembled your set?

Regards
Bert
The Spot On Arkitex set has been assembled to make the rather unexciting building in the display below. I am ashamed to admit that I have vandalised the connectors on the bottom level so that it can sit on a flat surface :oops: - the bases provided in the set are rather cumbersome and always get in the way when making dioramas.

yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Fred7A wrote:
yellowfoden wrote: Very impressive Fred, I noticed a Spot On construction set in the second picture, have you ever assembled your set?
Regards
Bert
The Spot On Arkitex set has been assembled to make the rather unexciting building in the display below. I am ashamed to admit that I have vandalised the connectors on the bottom level so that it can sit on a flat surface :oops: - the bases provided in the set are rather cumbersome and always get in the way when making dioramas.
Thank you Fred, a very neat diorama. I have the same set Spot On set that is waiting to be played with. I look forward to sitting down with a grandchild in time to come, may even break the cellophane on a few Lesney roadways and other construction sets. It might be a nice break away from ipads and electronics for them. Packed away a number of train set kits back in about 1973 that too wait for some enthusiastic little hands and minds to construct.
Know what you mean about modifying the connectors, still have many items from when we were kids that we modified and painted a few times and are now very htf items, but the memories are even more valuable.
Regards
Bert
brainstrust

Re: selfmade showcase

Post by brainstrust »

matchboxtom wrote:I am lucky to have a friend with some woodworking skills and able to help me on the weekend. He helped me build these cases.

Let's see some other toyrooms.
wow!!!! looked through some of you're other pics. you sure have some nice matchbox displays :P