Show us your toy room!

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
numi

Re: Show us your toy room!

Post by numi »

Hi Dave,im not into Dinkys although they are super castings but i have to hand it to u for having such an exciting & extensive collection. Well done and thanks for showing :D
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
Ecclesley

Post by Ecclesley »

This is not ultra high, it is a Mount Everest impressive toy room display.
Congratulations !
The quickest way to end a war? Lose it!
See (part of) my collection here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/broadcaster/
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Hi Dave,
What an amazing huge collection of Dinkys,it reminds me how many fine models they have made that I remember but havent collected yet.Most important thing about toy displays I find is that whoever owns them can enjoy them the most if there is lots of scope for rearranging and general tinkering so that the castings collected so far dont get overlooked in favour of hunting for the next find !

Last weekend I rearranged my Rockets,Juniors and Huskys -almost all were locally found except the Rockets - the rarest came from various forum members - reverse wrecker from Tim , colour trial Volvos from Scotty in Wales and bronze 280SL from Wes in USA
Attachments
2015-10 523.jpg
2015-10 523.jpg (578.54 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Lots of great displays here! I'm always tinkering with parts of my displays, meaning that there is always something in disarray. :oops:

I've just gone round and taken a few photos of my cabinets.

RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

WOW Fred, that is truly impressive. I could lose hours looking around in that room. In fact I will probably lose hours looking and reloading at those photo's. I knew all those new acquisitions I have seen you posting over the years had to be going somewhere good. I'm glad you posted!!

Cheers

Dave
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Thanks Dave, it was great to see your impressive Dinky shelves, and that made me think it was time for me to take some photos. Your drawers are a good storage solution. I have used some smaller drawers for storing 1/72 scale Hongwells.
Fox

Post by Fox »

Wow ! What a collection !
What fantastic display cabinets ! Thanks for showing.
Corgi-toys ergo sum
Ecclesley

Post by Ecclesley »

@Fred7A
Another overwhelming collection.
Thanks for the opportunity to admire this.
The quickest way to end a war? Lose it!
See (part of) my collection here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/broadcaster/
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Fred has just shown us the best toyroom I have ever seen online - so many uncommon colour variations of familiar toys - I havent seen so many in the same place since the final Pickets Lock toyfair - OLympics demolished that venue needlessly.
Great to see blaze Marina next to caramel Cortina - and I see you have grouped the closer to 1/43 Spot Ons together with VW squareback in pole position!
Does that yellow Dinky Sunbeam Talbot have any pre war features ? From what I can gather it was a short run colour used only or mainly on the earliest postwar production
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Fred7A wrote:Thanks Dave, it was great to see your impressive Dinky shelves, and that made me think it was time for me to take some photos. Your drawers are a good storage solution. I have used some smaller drawers for storing 1/72 scale Hongwells.
Yes, the plan drawers were a good find....for the equivalent of a couple of hundred quid I got a lot of additional space. The added bonus was it came from a dealer who had cleared out one of our regional councils offices so it was half full with marine charts, earthquake and tsunami maps as well as earthquake planning maps in A1 size. I sold those and effectively made a profit and got the drawers for free. I'm thinking of getting another set if I can find some.

Cheers