Unusual blister?

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Idris
Site Admin

Unusual blister?

Post by Idris »

I recently spotted this auction on Ebay and thought that the blister card was unusual since I don’t recall ever seeing one with the Superfast logo in black behind the model before.
Can anyone comment?
Attachments
Blister.jpg
Blister.jpg (85.19 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Rob

Re: Unusual blister?

Post by Rob »

I had a quick look through my library of pictures as I thought I had a photo showing a 50a Kennel Truck in the same style blister with the black Superfast writing on the card, same as this one. I couldn't find it but will keep looking as I do seem to recollect this but until I find any proof cannot say for sure. I suspect this would have been an initial run for the very first transitionals and not for very long, thanks very much for showing.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

I think I know the seller - he had 1st dibs on a load of old shop stock that I bought the last of in 2007-disappointed he didnt mention he wanted to sell any when we spoke at toyfair early september. I have shown my #52 Charger in the same blister style here before -these old RW Canada cards were used to complete SF runs in 1970-71 and shipped to Canada,Sweden,Denmark and Belgium - they were the 1st non USA blisters and were packed in UK.Very rare and worth every penny!
ritchie

Post by ritchie »

I wonder whats on the back of these blisters. Is it blank like the similar RW blister?
Ritchie
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

SMS88 wrote:Very rare and worth every penny!
For future reference, the hammer price was just shy of £110.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Here are the other versions of the SF issue on RW card - interesting to see how Lesney evolved from the RW printing clearly deciding the SF logo needed to be bigger and then in red to make sure it was noticed in amongst old stock RW cards!
Attachments
$F24.JPG
$F24.JPG (88.04 KiB) Viewed 690 times
$F15.JPG
$F15.JPG (90.01 KiB) Viewed 690 times
numi

Post by numi »

Ive never seen any before and nice to know that they exist.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.