Round Revolving Displays

Free buy, sell, wanted and swap ads
Forum rules
All deals are wholly private in nature.
VBD accepts neither responsibility nor liability for any aspect of any deal.
hydra427

Round Revolving Displays

Post by hydra427 »

Hello All, I am in search of any short or tall round revolving displays from the mid 60's. Some of these were lighted and motorized as well. If you are looking to sell or have a lead on one let me know. I will look at all conditions, these do not need to be mint.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
Tinman

Re: Round Revolving Displays

Post by Tinman »

There is always the new reproduction stand from the matchbox club. Looks just like the real thing (but it is a reproduction).
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
hydra427

Post by hydra427 »

Tinman wrote:There is always the new reproduction stand from the matchbox club. Looks just like the real thing (but it is a reproduction).
Thanks Tinman, a little pricey for a reproduction. I am mainly after the early 60's displays that were round. Here is a picture of one of the short ones from a Vectis auction a while ago. These are the style I am after.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

hydra427 wrote: I am mainly after the early 60's displays that were round.
As are the rest of us LOL
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
motorman

Post by motorman »

I am also looking for this short stand, very nice, very rare!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

This display sold for £75 hammer at astons in september 2015,it looks in poor state,whats a realistic price for these displays,from poor to mint boxed,i know its what people are prepared to pay but a rough price guide would be good to know and interesting.
dave
Attachments
original (10).jpg
original (10).jpg (287.49 KiB) Viewed 718 times
matchboxtom

Post by matchboxtom »

I'm not sure what a realistic price is but I buy all the round ones I see for under $150 in reasonable condition. I picked up one at a toy show last year for $85 that was pretty decent with just a few cracks in the base. I have seen mint ones go for $400 and more.

I buy the later square ones for $100 or less. I have found many at this price. Though they seem to be going for more than that on ebay these days.

The tatty one shown above I might have paid $50 just for the good lid, but you could get new plastic for the outside and made a decent looking display.

Tom

I made a new "matchboxtom" top banner and plastic for this one.

I made new plastic sides for this one that had badly sun damaged ones.

yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

MOKOSEX wrote:This display sold for £75 hammer at astons in september 2015,it looks in poor state,whats a realistic price for these displays,from poor to mint boxed,i know its what people are prepared to pay but a rough price guide would be good to know and interesting.
dave
Hello Dave,
I would not think that there are too many of this particular type around. Note that each of the seven layers are individual and look like cardboard. Most others like this have the plastic display area and it is one piece.
What is nice about this one is that it has the model numbers on the modules (often on the covers) so this display can be revived with a nice new clear cover and the correct banner or sign using correct font for the period.

Hello Tom,
Like the banner on your personal display, very clever.

Regards

Bert
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Same here Tom, nice idea and well executed, you can't see the join... :D

Ghosty.