How can I keep boxes safe

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
kerbside

Re: How can I keep boxes safe

Post by kerbside »

Hello Pete when I lived in the UK I was in the building game, I was a Carpenter and Joiner. In the cold Winter of 1963 the only work I could find was cleaning and polishing cars for a undertakers firm just to make ends meet. That was a bad Winter and as I lived on the North-East coast of Kent even the Sea froze over in 1963.

George T.
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi George I remember the winter of 62/63 we had no water in our house for about three weeks, electric was on & off I can remember going to bed fully clothed, a big thick army jacket on the bed, if it got really cold I would have the carpet on the bed as well. Banbury was cut off for many weeks the roads & railways stopped. I can remember going to Chipping Norton about March the snow was about 15 feet high. Most nights we would go to the pictures just to keep warm. I can remember standing in the market place with our home made sweet stall, we were the only stall there. But in them days we had good long hot summers Pete
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

petethesweet1 wrote:Hi George I remember the winter of 62/63 we had no water in our house for about three weeks, electric was on & off I can remember going to bed fully clothed, a big thick army jacket on the bed, if it got really cold I would have the carpet on the bed as well. Banbury was cut off for many weeks the roads & railways stopped. I can remember going to Chipping Norton about March the snow was about 15 feet high. Most nights we would go to the pictures just to keep warm. I can remember standing in the market place with our home made sweet stall, we were the only stall there. But in them days we had good long hot summers Pete
I don't want to cause any panic, but try Googling "El Nino" and "UK"..........