How can I keep boxes safe

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: How can I keep boxes safe

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Wow George that is making me drool...Image

Ghosty.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Wow George that is making me drool...Image

Ghosty.
No drooling over the boxes, it ruins them. (But I know what you mean Ghosty). Very nicely setup George.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
eburak

Post by eburak »

kerbside wrote:Hello Burak I made a cabinet just for my boxes there are 16 draws each draw holds 55-60 boxes and each draw is 40mm deep.

So that the boxes do not stand on each other, the only light that gets on them is the electric light when I open a draw to get a box out to take a photo for the casting show.

The Cabinet with 16 draws.

Notice there are no handles on the draws so that when my grand children were small they could not open them.

George T.
Hello George,

Excellent collection and excellent displays. Finally I clearly understand 1a cast variations.

Burak
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi Burak great collection. All of my models are packed away as we have had five house moves in the last seven years. Hope to get a free standing cabinet sometime Pete
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

petethesweet1 wrote:Hi Burak great collection. All of my models are packed away as we have had five house moves in the last seven years. Hope to get a free standing cabinet sometime Pete
Pete, it sounds like you really just need a double decker Bus for your collection, then you can just drive it to your next new home... :D

Ghosty.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

At least Pete you can take your collection with you, I have lived in the same house for 47 years and it is too much to move even once.

George T.
numi

Post by numi »

I have always wondered if there was a recipe/solution in place to remedy/slow down the process of badly cracked end-flap hinges.
Could someone help so that we all may benefit.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

YES!!! keep them shut, and do not open them.

George T.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

kerbside wrote:YES!!! keep them shut, and do not open them.

George T.
Yes, that's pretty much it ... don't open them, don't handle them and don't even touch them :shock:

Remember, they are a disposable packaging and meant to have been discarded fifty years ago.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi George & all yes we have had 29 moves in 41 years not bad is it. I have built many houses which we have lived in, made quite a few mistakes on the way but you do learn by your mistakes. When the recession came up in 1989 we were quite well off our market stall business was very busy, I was doing very well brick laying my accountant advised me to sell the house but I didn't take his advise & lost £250,000 over a space of about 8 weeks. House prices were tumbling daily if you could sell. Takings on our market went through the floor, all building work dried up. I used to work in factories sweeping up, taxi driving anything to earn a few quid. We had to sell a lot of our collectables just to put food on the table. If we hadn't of sold the house then we would have ended up with nothing. I think some things are sent to try us Pete