Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Toy fair news

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

"Ghosty" could not make the NEC, had to get things back up and running again for Father from our Week away, got back very late Saturday, so Sunday was simply a very busy Day for me.

Alex, please convey my apologies to Dylan, will have to try again next Year.

GHOSTHUNTER.
jeff f

Post by jeff f »

hi dave, sorry did not turn up, but car decided it did not want to go, had a punture and by time i changed the tyre i was a bit grubby, so went home, i was aiming on meeting a scotsman there ,hope you found some bits
motorman

Post by motorman »

Well that's me back home after the long drive home. Dave it was great to see you again. As for the gift, i was glad to see the back of that Easter European abomination!!!. Dylan was very impressed with the model you gave him, he is a collector in the making i hope.

I was delighted to meet Graham and Pete for the first time as well, very likeable fellows.

I managed to pick up a minty SF#10 Leyland Pipe Truck, in orange with rare grey plastic base and yellow pipes on the sprue in a near mint box from fellow forum member Stephen Keightley (not sure of his user name) who had a nice display of SF's and RW's, i noiticed Graham taking a great interest on some of his models. It was great to meet you Steve and i hope you will become a more regular visitor to the Forum.

Ghosty, Dylan was sad not to meet you (he was looking for your yellow roller when we arrived in the car park) but he was pleased you have given him a menshi in your apology so he forgives you!! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

Sounds like a good day Al I assume you mean Graham H if so he's a jolly nice chap Steven is on here as Stephenk if it's the one I'm thinking of there's two , one has lots of nice sf with the boxes separate, had some nice lone star's of him the other is Stevek and has a nice mixed lot got a nice #32 aral from him both are nice chaps too
Sounds like the wee fella is being bitten by the bug :D
Hope to catch you at the next one
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:Sounds like a good day Al I assume you mean Graham H if so he's a jolly nice chap Steven is on here as Stephenk if it's the one I'm thinking of there's two , one has lots of nice sf with the boxes separate, had some nice lone star's of him the other is Stevek and has a nice mixed lot got a nice #32 aral from him both are nice chaps too
Sounds like the wee fella is being bitten by the bug :D
Hope to catch you at the next one
Yes Reg sounds like StephenK, his display had the models and boxes seperate......a long haired dude!! and very nice chap truth be told.

And you are also correct it was Graham H that i met today, what a gentleman!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

That's the very fellow
Yeah I like Graham still my go to guy when I'm in doubt on stuff
reg
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

petethesweet1 wrote:Hi all, Another trip to the NEC. The toy fair is getting very poor about 100 empty tables ...Nice to go out but I think they are getting a waste of time. A lot of new traders there with a wide selection of plastic boxes, electric cigs, few Christmas cards. Spotted one trader selling cakes Pete
I was afraid that would be the case which is why I didn't go. (This is the second one I've skipped.) I used to make the effort to attend every NEC toyfair, but now it's two hours' drive away (was one hour), it requires a bit more effort on my part, and if there's no reward at the end of it, what's the point?
If Barry Potter isn't careful, the fair will end up in a downward death spiral, which would be a shame.
leonty24

Post by leonty24 »

I think that with the toyfairs it does'nt matter whether the show is large or small but the fact is that there are
to many shows i am a trader as Alex can vouch for and next Sunday i shall be at two shows but had been invited to
two others as well, then of course there is cost of tables and travel. So depending on where a trader decides to go
and buyers decide to go will determine whether a show is good or bad.
I can agree about the two Stephensour paths cross quite frequently and i usally buy from them.
StephenK

Post by StephenK »

Aw shucks. Not sure if I can say that I agree that the "long haired dude" Stephen K is a nice bloke. I have to live with him!
Having said that, I will be at Kempton this Sunday and Shepton the following week so I'll try and be nice!
Stephen K
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi All, I think the toy shows are going down, mainly because of ebay & the web in general. It is so easy now to sit at home press a couple of buttons & you have got it. With the web everybody knows whats about & where it is. Its just down to price & who wants that particular item. With the NEC I have seen the same stuff on the tables for many years, most of it is over priced & in poor condition. If you are a don't mind collector you could fill a lorry. Would have liked to have had a chat with you Motorman as I love Scotland, one of my favourite places & have visited many times Pete