21c Renault 5 TL

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
mbox75

Re: 21c Renault 5 TL

Post by mbox75 »

You're right Numi, it has an England base but I doubt this is an original factory rivets ? There are so many silvercrome or goldencrome Bulgarian Variants.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
numi

Post by numi »

Hi Mathias,
I agree that the Silver-chrome & Gold-chrome Renaults do exist but they do not come close in comparison to my Champagne specimen.
I had closely inspected the base & rivet and they show no signs of having had a base replacement/swop done.The rivet resembles the spun rivet of the Ford Capri & Vw Fastback.There are no signs of any glue,traffic and/or tampering around that matt area.
I also tried looking for Champagne (Met Tan) Renault specimens in the Bulgarian section but cannot find any.Do u perhaps have any pics to compare with and clarify that they do exist?
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
numi

Post by numi »

Comparison pics.Champagne (Met Tan) & Silver.
numi
Attachments
COLOR COMPARISON.JPG
COLOR COMPARISON.JPG (61.75 KiB) Viewed 672 times
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Now you are showing off lassie, that prepro #68 is breath taking, never mind the #21 :mrgreen:
Last edited by motorman on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
numi

Post by numi »

I do feel like a show-off when somebody calls me a show-off so in retaliation heres another pic for MM :lol:
numi
Attachments
#68 PrePro.jpg
#68 PrePro.jpg (70.26 KiB) Viewed 653 times
numi

motorman

Post by motorman »

numi wrote:I do feel like a show-off when somebody calls me a show-off so in retaliation heres another pic for MM :lol:
numi
That is a stunning prepro Numi i would love one day to see this one in the hand, :D :mrgreen: it is sensational!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"