Dark Blue 33 Ford Zodiac.

Free buy, sell, wanted and swap ads
Forum rules
All deals are wholly private in nature.
VBD accepts neither responsibility nor liability for any aspect of any deal.
bosshoss

Dark Blue 33 Ford Zodiac.

Post by bosshoss »

Hello,well I am new to this,so here goes. I just bought a beautiful dark blue,restored, ford
Zodiac 33 from the Tinman,and it has fueled my appetite to have a real example. Perhaps
One that is in very good to excellent condition. Yes,I know it is very rare,but this seems like
The place to try to get one. Does anyone have,or know of someone who does,that might
Sell? Thank you,Boss.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Dark Blue 33 Ford Zodiac.

Post by Idris »

At the moment, I believe the dark blue 33a to be nothing other than a sunfade. I suggest you read this thread and this thread before even considering parting with any money.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Boss, welcome to the site, and enjoy your time with us, the old adage read every thing but do not believe every thing you read. ;) \

Hello Hugh what colour would sun fade to a Dark Blue in your opinion please. (pessimist) ;) ;) ;)

Here are three different views of my 33a model showing the same colour all over including the base showing the same colour inside the wheel wells as the out side .

George T.
hubcap

Post by hubcap »

I have seen George's blue 33a and held it in hand and my humble opinion is that its definitely not sun fade but a distinct blue.
I know of one other collector in Melbourne (Australia) who has one that is exactly the same in colour and detail as the one George has
with the greener colour inside. There is the two I have seen in person on different sides of the country and they are exactly the same in colour
inside and out. I don't know where George found his but the one in Melbourne came out of England.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

The photographic evidence is that a significant number of these dark blue Zodiacs have a dark green interior, and I think it was Jason who provided a photograph of a dark blue Zodiac with a small dark green oval on the boot lid where a label had been removed.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

George, it's probably just an optical illusion, but does the inside of the baseplate rivet have a greenish hue?
Attachments
Dark Blue 33a Rivet.jpg
Dark Blue 33a Rivet.jpg (4.7 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Idris wrote:The photographic evidence is that a significant number of these dark blue Zodiacs have a dark green interior, and I think it was Jason who provided a photograph of a dark blue Zodiac with a small dark green oval on the boot lid where a label had been removed.
It was Jason and here's the area on his 33a showing the sunfade:
Attachments
33a sunfade.jpg
33a sunfade.jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
bosshoss

Post by bosshoss »

Thank you all. So, there really was a dark blue color then? I am a little confused. Well,if someone comes up with one that they would sell please let me know.
Of course I may faint price wise,but we will see.
Cheers
EarlyWheels

Post by EarlyWheels »

Hugh, I can tell you with absolute certainty that this color exists without being affected by sun fade or other environmental agents. In my life, I've held between 8-10 examples in hand and there is no mistaking the dark blue color. I no longer own the ones that were in my collection until 2007 but am aware of the existence of genuine examples within 125 miles of here. The image that George posted in this discussion is very close in hue (pardon the pun) to the model you suggest is a "fade."
numi

Post by numi »

Since Jason has a specimen that seems all Blue then perhaps he could do an acetone rub test on just a tiny area where the sticker was that now shows Blue-Green.If it turns out Blue then his specimen is a genuine factory Blue specimen and if not then his specimen clarifies the fact that his specimen was initially Blue-green and as left the factory but affected by enviornmental elements.
If Jason does consider "messing" around to determine the actual color then a tiny piece of cottonwool flat-rolled at the end of a toothpick will do the trick with a rolling movement between thumb & forefinger with very slight pressure.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.