K17 Ford D800 low loader Pre Production/ Colour trial

Lesney Matchbox Accessory packs, Major packs, King-Size & Superkings
Sir_Matchbox_96

Re: K17 Ford D800 low loader Pre Production/ Colour trial

Post by Sir_Matchbox_96 »

Hi all!
I did it again and found a second one in better condition.
Same casting features!

Greetings,
Linus
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Wow, look at that minter, is there nothing wrong with it, has it come out of a museum display, it is absolutely stunning, I don't collect these models, but I wish I had that one.

I am sure some forum members post pictures of these superb models to tease us less fortunate collectors and something you don't want to see is a grown Man cry, so its a bloody good job this forum is not 'Skyped'... :!:

Ghosty.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I don't collect those either but that IS a nice one. Regular wheels for me
Sir_Matchbox_96

Post by Sir_Matchbox_96 »

Thanks you two!
to tease us less fortunate collectors and something you don't want to see is a grown Man cry
I hope you will get over this Ghosty, I therefore was waiting a bit with my current post (naaah, I'am just kidding! :D )
is there nothing wrong with it
Yep there is a funny fact on this one! You may remember that a small part of the rear axle holder from the tractor from my first green lowloader was broken off. Well, on my second one, the same damage appears, but at the trailer axle! :D
But except for this it is a great model!

Greetings,
Linus
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Linus, very considerate holding posts... :lol:

Interesting point about those axle clips. The fact you now have Two, may suggest there is a weak point on those caused by poor plasitc mix at the factory, possibly they used recycled plastic which would mean the plastic has already been injected at least once into the moulds, so has gone through the heating and cooling process and maybe this is not a good thing for the type of plastic Lesney were using, only allowing for limited recycling.

It would seem those clips are less pliable and prone to breaking when it comes to owners trying to remove the clips for the removal of dirt etc around this area during play.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Interesting point about those axle clips. The fact you now have Two, may suggest there is a weak point on those caused by poor plasitc mix at the factory...
The fact that the clips have failed in the same way at the same point is more likely indicative of a faulty design which resulted in stress concentration in the same part of the moulding, leading to repeat, identical failures. Weak mouldings caused by recycling plastic (which would not be an issue provided different types of plastic were not mixed) would surely result in random patterns of failure.