Spot the gem/s

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
johnboy

Re: Spot the gem/s

Post by johnboy »

I look out for both of these and I have picked up a few white DAF's but no Foden's. So the ease of spotting may well play a large part.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
fixer

Post by fixer »

I think it's that the daff stands out more than the foden and maybe more people are aware of it as a htf makes it seem easier to find
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

The Daf is regularly available on ebay, I have seen at least half a dozen in the past 6 months. The Foden with bumper slot is much much rarer and predominantly only found in America. A much rarer model imho............go on find one!!!!!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

motorman wrote:The Daf is regularly available on ebay, I have seen at least half a dozen in the past 6 months. The Foden with bumper slot is much much rarer and predominantly only found in America. A much rarer model imho............go on find one!!!!!!!
I found my example at a local fleamarket in Denmark within weeks of this variation first being discussed here so some stayed in EU and have seen a handful more beaters here since that I left as worthless,but still waiting for a white DAF!
motorman

Post by motorman »

SMS88 wrote:
motorman wrote:The Daf is regularly available on ebay, I have seen at least half a dozen in the past 6 months. The Foden with bumper slot is much much rarer and predominantly only found in America. A much rarer model imho............go on find one!!!!!!!
I found my example at a local fleamarket in Denmark within weeks of this variation first being discussed here so some stayed in EU and have seen a handful more beaters here since that I left as worthless,but still waiting for a white DAF!
Try ebay for your Daf Mick. They turn up regularly but usually at a cost. I have never found a bumper slot Foden in the wild in the UK. The examples of the bumper slot fodens i have owned over the years have all come from the USA.
MOTORMAN

Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

It sounds to me as though geographical distribution is playing a role here.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Idris wrote:It sounds to me as though geographical distribution is playing a role here.
That does seem the case with the USA being the main recipient imho.
MOTORMAN

SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

motorman wrote:
SMS88 wrote:
Try ebay for your Daf Mick. They turn up regularly but usually at a cost. I have never found a bumper slot Foden in the wild in the UK. The examples of the bumper slot fodens i have owned over the years have all come from the USA.
I expect a good white SF DAF will show up locally for pennies some day, Im not in any hurry to complete my near complete collection. I expect we can discover that all German and Dutch serious SF collectors have found open slot Fodens locally ...........
numi

Post by numi »

Ive only seen the Fodens come out of Usa mainly beat up and nowhere else. Theres plenty of Dafs to be had in Cream Or White. In fact ive had well over 6 of these mint Dafs and i also maintain that its a geographical location thing with certain "htf" castings.
Any htf or rare castings are never hard to spot esp if one concentrates on finding it.
The Fodens are a bit harder to find so congrats Dave :D
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
fixer

Post by fixer »

my foden with a slot came via a generous gift from a fellow member after another out bid me by $1 ..... eternally grateful mate
reg