71 D 62 Corvette

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
kmc500

71 D 62 Corvette

Post by kmc500 »

I have this MB-71 D '62 Corvette, and cannot find it listed anywhere. Does anyone recognize this and can anyone tell me anything about it?

Thanks as always!
fixer

Re: 71 D 62 Corvette

Post by fixer »

don't think there htf i have one with a Macau base, quite nice though
reg
kmc500

Post by kmc500 »

fixer wrote:don't think there htf i have one with a Macau base, quite nice though
Thanks for the info. I could not find this variation in any of my books, or even on Christian's Superfast list online, so was wondering (hoping?).

It is a nice looking model, and one of my favorite cars too.

Kevin C
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

The China based version with closed side windows was only available in a multipack in the USA in 1991.

It was listed by Charlie Mack in the December 1991 issue of Matchbox U.S.A. and is therefore also found in my catalog pages - note it is from the Matchbox Int'l era, so you will not find it in the Lesney section. (http://www.mboxcommunity.com/cfalkens/M ... -MI094.htm)

It may be uncommon but is not highly sought after because of its similarity with the earlier Macau based basic range issue with open side windows (introduced in 1986).
kmc500

Post by kmc500 »

ChFalkensteiner wrote:The China based version with closed side windows was only available in a multipack in the USA in 1991.

It was listed by Charlie Mack in the December 1991 issue of Matchbox U.S.A. and is therefore also found in my catalog pages - note it is from the Matchbox Int'l era, so you will not find it in the Lesney section. (http://www.mboxcommunity.com/cfalkens/M ... -MI094.htm)

It may be uncommon but is not highly sought after because of its similarity with the earlier Macau based basic range issue with open side windows (introduced in 1986).
Thanks so much Christian - I should have looked past the Lesney section (as the car was dated before the bankruptcy I didn't think to look there, even though it was made in China - duh). It was the first time I had looked up a superfast car that I could not find in your comprehensive list of pictures.

Kevin C