Show us your toy room!

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Show us your toy room!

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Looking good but particularly busy in there... :D

I sent you a message about the Blue plastic Victor 101 copy, any chance you could consider selling it to me, I am desperate to add it to my Grey Jaguar from the same range, as I had one in Cream when they first came out and would love to get it again and it is in a better colour.

GHOSTHUNTER.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Looking good but particularly busy in there... :D

I sent you a message about the Blue plastic Victor 101 copy, any chance you could consider selling it to me, I am desperate to add it to my Grey Jaguar from the same range, as I had one in Cream when they first came out and would love to get it again and it is in a better colour.

GHOSTHUNTER.
We can all be tempted by a ridiculously high offer however the Victor is already in the display on the plastic cars shelf just to the left of the Anglia - I have been looking for one of these and the Zodiac from the same range ever since I 1st saw them on MCCH 10 years ago....
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

OH drat! never mind, OK then Mick, I won't pester you for it and I am sure another one will turn up somewhere, thanks for the reply.

GHOSTHUNTER.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

I slept well lastnight, got a surprise when I saw the rear suspension on my Opel Ascona (Spanish Dinkys shouldnt rust!!!) had collapsed overnight and was inspired to change 1 display a bit - completely happy with the other.....
Attachments
2015-06 512.jpg
2015-06 512.jpg (804.6 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Fox

Post by Fox »

Very nice and colourful cabinets ! I realy like them.
Corgi-toys ergo sum
cOO7rgi

Post by cOO7rgi »

What a great display! Who is the maker of the yellow and blue Mercedes C111's? The yellow one looks like a copy of the Corgi - is it from Pilen like the Adams Probe 16?
Those Solidos are really great models - I never saw them as a child so I never had a Solido but the silver C111 or the Mangusta are so much better than the Corgi or Dinky versions.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

cOO7rgi wrote:What a great display! Who is the maker of the yellow and blue Mercedes C111's? The yellow one looks like a copy of the Corgi - is it from Pilen like the Adams Probe 16?
Those Solidos are really great models - I never saw them as a child so I never had a Solido but the silver C111 or the Mangusta are so much better than the Corgi or Dinky versions.
The lime and the metallic blue C111 are very precise Corgi copies made by Tin Toys of Hong Kong - it also comes in other colours and does turn up occasionaly at UK toyfairs.The mid blue C111 is by Norev - I like the C111 (also have the Corgi and a Spanish version). I had a few Solidos as a teenager - they are in these cabinet still in their original boxes - the Simca plus all of the blue GAM-1 boxed cars are mine from new
cOO7rgi

Post by cOO7rgi »

Thank you for the info - would love to get my fingers on one of those Tin Toys. The C111 is one of my childhood favourites. I have a fond memory of it as I was with my grandpa in the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart when I was about 7, 8 years old and was allowed to sit in the C111/II (and also the gullwing 300 SL but that was old and boring in comparison :D ).
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

a new Showroom Cabinet for my Johnny Lightnings.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Another nice collection you have Mathias, they look like very well detailed models covering some classic American Muscle cars and looking at the way they are spaced out on the shelves, you are expecting to add to them and of course you will show then here again... :)

GHOSTHUNTER.