Who can identify this?

Morestone, Benbros, Charbens, DCMT, Kemlows & Moko.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Who can identify this?

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Hugh and I saw Robert earlier this evening at our club night and he said again that there should be DYSON somewhere on the inside, but if not, it is a previously unrecorded variation.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Regarding the actual vehicle modelled, it's believed to be an SS1.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:The model in the picture by "SMS88" appears to be made by 'JOHILLCO' according to Robert Newson, whom I sent the picture to first as His Email was handy. He did say these models sometimes have a small 'DYSON' name.

Mick, Robert has asked if you could really check the inside of the model for the 'DYSON' name, as he is not aware of this particular example minus the name, all the previous examples he is aware of, do have the 'DYSON' name., thanks.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Brilliant thankyou and thank Robert Newson - the print in the centre of the roof it so small I needed a magnifying glass to see that it was lettering not just a tooling mark - great to know what it is
Attachments
2015-06 375.jpg
2015-06 375.jpg (109.23 KiB) Viewed 1720 times
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Idris wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:The model in the picture by "SMS88" appears to be made by 'JOHILLCO' according to Robert Newson, whom I sent the picture to first as His Email was handy. He did say these models sometimes have a small 'DYSON' name.

Mick, Robert has asked if you could really check the inside of the model for the 'DYSON' name, as he is not aware of this particular example minus the name, all the previous examples he is aware of, do have the 'DYSON' name., thanks.
Interesting. Some more information on Dyson here.
Thankyou for the link - this is a keeper to join my small display of 1940s Dinkys and 1 1930s Tootsietoy :geek:
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

OK Mick, thank's for finding the 'DYSON' name and for the additional picture. I will tell Robert the confirmation news.

GHOSTHUNTER.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

From the link this appears to be a 3rd colour in addition to the previous 2 listed. I wonder how rare this item is.......
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
Wish I'd seen this earlier, lovely models these, I've never had one though. They often get listed as Dinky 22's as they are so similar, don't tend to fetch quite as much, but still a tidy sum for a nice one :D
Chris Warr
PS Just read the Dyson address in Brum, I work about 100 yards from there now!
karl

Post by karl »

What a small world! The current manufacturing building looks a little new, though, for 1930's!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/184+G ... 9+3JP,+UK/
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

karl wrote:What a small world! The current manufacturing building looks a little new, though, for 1930's!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/184+G ... 9+3JP,+UK/
Those metal windows and decorative brickwork are typical 1920s -1930s - nice to see it hasnt been demolished