Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Toy fair news

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

YYS4BOB wrote:I'll keep an eye on him, no bother ;)
Try and find him a Lone-Star model, that'll keep him occupied for a few Hours... :D

Ghosty.
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi all, Just got back from Sandown turned out to be another waste of time, brought one empty box. A fair few matchbox there but nothing for me & nothing really mint. Vectis had their stand there will some of Rons superfast collection there, a few nice models but if you go through their catalogue most of the stuff is chipped & bumped & boxes not too good either. It will be interesting to see what they make whether prices are up or down Pete
fixer

Post by fixer »

well Sandown was pretty good for me 4 nice Lone Stars one is a bit of a puzzler for me which I only noticed when I got home maybe Kev can shed some light later when I post some pictures
a big thank you to YYSFORBOB for keeping an eye on me and not letting me wander off into the surrounding homesteads scaring old ladies
reg
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Always a pleasure Reg.
Like Pete I only bought one empty box, but did have an item to collect from Vectis. Also set up a deal with Graham, so not a total loss. Went and played with some big Traction Engines in the afternoon. :D
Bob
StephenK

Post by StephenK »

I have a new collection I've just acquired of about 50 boxed late regular wheels and early superfast that I'll be taking to Shepton this Sunday (7th June). A few good things here such as a v.nice #29 s/fast Fire Pumper Truck etc...

Something I've not had before is a #45 Ford Group C in metallic lime with the pale pink base. I think I've seen this base with the darker green, but is this variant particularly hard to find?

Thanks
Stephen
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

I'm also heading for Shepton. Should have over 1000 matchbox with me - Superfast onwards. If you don't see want you want, just ask, as there'l be more behind the table.
leonty24

Post by leonty24 »

Looks like i shall need to sell a lot of display cases with both of you there Dave :
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

Also if anyone wants Bburago/Revell 1/24 scale or similar, Corgi Routemaster buses, and other non-matchbox models, (Plus Pet/horse accessories) I now have a regular (Almost every week) pitch at Wimborne Market on Saturdays
StephenK

Post by StephenK »

leonty24 wrote:Looks like i shall need to sell a lot of display cases with both of you there Dave :
You'd better get working Dave. I shall be tempting you with my wares!

Stephen
motorman

Post by motorman »

Look who i bumped into today at the Falkirk swap meet. None other than our leader Nick Jones!!! As always it was a pleasure to spend some time with the great man.

My son Dylan was delighted to get his picture taken with Nick.
Attachments
20150607_151140.jpg
20150607_151140.jpg (101.55 KiB) Viewed 378 times
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"