61b Wreck Truck Who Knows What it Is?

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
kmc500

61b Wreck Truck Who Knows What it Is?

Post by kmc500 »

Here is the third model I found in the same custom open wooden display box (along with another 21 normal superfast models I think).

This is a 61B Wreck Truck in a cream color with painted base. If you all need a better picture let me know.

Thanks for filling me in on this one too. (I am planning a bonfire later today! :))

Kevin C
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: 61b Wreck Truck Who Knows What it Is?

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It should look more like this one...
#61 Ford Wreck Truck.jpg
#61 Ford Wreck Truck.jpg (47.9 KiB) Viewed 755 times
The rivet on your White one looks like an after-market replacement, which you buy in packets of a Dozen or so.

GHOSTHUNTER.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

enjoy these as well made customs! no need to destroy anything..................
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Yes, there is an Olde England 'By-Law' saying it is against the Law to burn Matchbox models, in the open between 8.00 am in the morning and 21.00 pm in the evening, unless accompanied by Five Adults of consenting Age.

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Yes, there is an Olde England 'By-Law' saying it is against the Law to burn Matchbox models, in the open between 8.00 am in the morning and 21.00 pm in the evening, unless accompanied by Five Adults of consenting Age.

Ghosty.
Of course if the base plate states "Made in Bulgaria" then i would suggest you get an acetelyne torch and open up the gas cylinder to full and light up the mofo!!!!! :D :D :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Yes, there is an Olde England 'By-Law' saying it is against the Law to burn Matchbox models, in the open between 8.00 am in the morning and 21.00 pm in the evening, unless accompanied by Five Adults of consenting Age.

Ghosty.
Of course if the base plate states "Made in Bulgaria" then i would suggest you get an acetelyne torch and open up the gas cylinder to full and light up the mofo!!!!! :D :D :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
I just love the way "Motorman" is never too far away from His 'One Man Army' fight against Bulgarian Matchbox models, brilliant Alex, just brilliant... :lol:

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
motorman wrote:

Ghosty.
I just love the way "Motorman" is never too far away from His 'One Man Army' fight against Bulgarian Matchbox models, brilliant Alex, just brilliant... :lol:

Ghosty.
;) :twisted:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

just out of interest were these bought on ebay if so who was the seller ...maybe a candidate for the naughty list ??
reg
kmc500

Post by kmc500 »

fixer wrote:just out of interest were these bought on ebay if so who was the seller ...maybe a candidate for the naughty list ??
I basically inherited a pretty large collection of regular wheels, SF, King SIze, SuperKings, SpeedKings, and a bunch of Macau blisters. As I said in my original post, I found these three in a custom made box among a number of normal superfast models. Since I of course know the original collector, I am very surprised to find them. He did do a fair bit of buying at flea markets along with his regular toy store purchasing back in the day - that must be where these came from. He was very handy, but I cannot imagine him repainting these. He was also fairly tight with a dollar, so I cannot imagine him paying a bunch of money for them either.

He left some notes - I will re-check them and see if these three are mentioned.

You can be sure they won't find their way onto eBay now (although it was considered and was the reason I took the pictures and presented them here first).

Kevin C
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

On my cell phone so I can't blow up the rivet picture but, whenever I see an all white model my first thought is the Graffic Traffic series. Perhaps someone who knows which models the series offered can help out with that possibility