Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
ford_a_30

Re: Toy fair news

Post by ford_a_30 »

Completely by luck I find myself in Cinncinnatti for the toy and advertising fair on April 12! Anybody else going? Greg...
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

Taniwha wrote:Hello All,

A reminder to collectors in Central NZ to head along this Sunday, 12 April to the Trentham Swapmeet - Trentham School Hall, Moonshine Rd., Upper Hutt. Doors open 11am. I'll be there as usual with a small selection of ropey but interesting MB in my usual back corner spot between Bill and Tony. Come and say hi.
Cheers,
Gavin
Wot's this then... don't I rate a mention in your missive :D

BTW I'll be at the June swapmeet/collector's fair too!

Ian
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

toysnz wrote:
Taniwha wrote:Hello All,

A reminder to collectors in Central NZ to head along this Sunday, 12 April to the Trentham Swapmeet - Trentham School Hall, Moonshine Rd., Upper Hutt. Doors open 11am. I'll be there as usual with a small selection of ropey but interesting MB in my usual back corner spot between Bill and Tony. Come and say hi.
Cheers,
Gavin
Wot's this then... don't I rate a mention in your missive :D

BTW I'll be at the June swapmeet/collector's fair too!

Ian
As ever it was great to catch up Ian. Sounds like the June event will be fully booked for tables. You did well on Sunday to get that nice Lincoln toy. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

This saturday I will bring many rare displays and other rare items for an exhbition at the big Matchbox event in Aachen.
This will be a whole weekend with over 100 collectors from whole over Europe.
Hardy Ristau will give a presentation on the friday.
I hope to see many of you there !

More information at:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3240&p=37867&hilit=aachen#p37867

marcel
matchboxmarcel
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

Taniwha wrote: As ever it was great to catch up Ian. Sounds like the June event will be fully booked for tables. You did well on Sunday to get that nice Lincoln toy. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Gavin
Pure luck!... I was looking through Macs Tracks boxes and saw something of interest so I moved some bubblewrap and underneath it was the Lincoln racer - I hadn't seen it in the box before moving the bubble wrap! It was unpriced and he said he didn't know what it was and asked me for an offer so gave him one that was acceptable to him and it was my only purchase of the day (the item I had spotted turned out to be Superfast which I don't collect). Naturally being the good sort I am, I told him after I had bought it that it was a New Zealand made Mini-Lincoln toy.

Looking forward to June and have 3 tables booked - already sorting out some new stuff to take along including some tinplate toys...

Ian
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

Anyone heading to Exeter this Sunday? I'm taking 100's of extra matchbox with me. Mostly Superfast & Mbx International. And including some Giftsets and Convoy models
StephenK

Post by StephenK »

Hello,

Maybe see some of you at my stall at Kempton on Sunday? I've picked up a few Lone Star Impys recently (boxed and playworn), so something else to look at in addition to my usual large selection of boxed Matchbox etc...
(Apologies this time for the even more shameless plug than usual!)

Stephen
fixer

Post by fixer »

Who's going to Sandown this weekend??
reg
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Can't make this one. Away playing with the full size Traction Engines 8-)
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

YYS4BOB wrote:Can't make this one. Away playing with the full size Traction Engines 8-)
Could you please find a suitable vehicle the forum members can adopt. We can all put 1 Euro into a kitty and then buy it for showing off at further shows, we can even name it after our founder...the Nick Jones Showman's Engine, I'm up for it, anybody else?

Ghosty.