Show us your toy room!

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
nearlymint

Re: Show us your toy room!

Post by nearlymint »

YYS4BOB wrote:Nice mate! Another one on the wants list :cry:
Bob I cannot belive that there are that many on your wants list looking at that lot, knowing you most of them will be nice minty models as well.
I do not class myself in the same league as you , Mick and many others. Your collections are simply awesome and I do not think some people realise how much time and effort(plus cash) goes into these collections. I really do take my hat off to you all.
I am sure one of these will come along one day Bob, maybe you will find a rare regular wheel model to trade with me.
All the best and happy hunting.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Purple examples will always have a shorter baseplate, odd sized rivets attaching the bumpers & no lugs on the underside of the bumpers. Prepros usually have no Y No. on the underside of the bumpers.
Bob
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:After looking at the top picture posted by "YYS4BOB", I am now wondering if I do have a Purple Lagonda, if the model on the first row (next to the Pink and Yellow model), is an actual Purple example, which I reckon is, I might have something less glamorous, never mind, I'll still post a picture of it.

Ghosty.
I was kind of wondering about that! If you had a real purple one, you would know it. They are the hardest to find and quite expensive. Bob's pic tells the tale. The classic maroon can look purply depending on the spray job, so you have to check the base for those all important details!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:After looking at the top picture posted by "YYS4BOB", I am now wondering if I do have a Purple Lagonda, if the model on the first row (next to the Pink and Yellow model), is an actual Purple example, which I reckon is, I might have something less glamorous, never mind, I'll still post a picture of it.

Ghosty.
I have finally found my 'Yesteryear' Lagonda and taken Three pictures of it. As I mention above in my earlier posting, It seems to be a less glamorous version which in the hand is qiute pleasing, but once photographed on it's own is difficult to determin the actual colour, but I do not have any other examples of the model from the same period for a colour comparison. Looking back at the earlier pictures of those models together, it seems to be a dark Red or Maroon version, but not the Purple one as I first thought and had not realised how different these Two colours were.

The baseplate picture probably confirms this as not a Purple version.
59KB.JPG
59KB.JPG (59.08 KiB) Viewed 628 times
66KB.JPG
66KB.JPG (66.86 KiB) Viewed 628 times
80KB.JPG
80KB.JPG (80.05 KiB) Viewed 628 times
I am fully aware of the colour change between computer screens and models in the hand and as I look at the pictures of the model above, they are showing the model to be of a different colour to the actual example!

GHOSTHUNTER.
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

Bob
your cream and gold version still eludes me and Ghostie from your pic it looks like a dark red version on my screen which would be issue 2.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Moyboy wrote:Bob
your cream and gold version still eludes me and Ghostie from your pic it looks like a dark red version on my screen which would be issue 2.
This is it.

It's the only genuine one I've seen.
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Moyboy wrote: Ghostie from your pic it looks like a dark red version on my screen which would be issue 2.
Thank you Mick.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Shane

Post by Shane »

OMG

the collections here, the display cases and the methods and styles of displaying the collections are truly amazingly OUTSTANDING!

I hope to get my basement toy room set up soon (everything is in boxes) but even them my collections barely pale in comparison to what I have seen here.

Thanks to all for sharing :D
Play with toys and be forever young!
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

This evening I finished re-arranging my overseas 1/43 cabinets with 2½ new sheleves that allowed the best 30 of recent new finds to get places which for my records are shown by green stars on the pics. 15 Alfas have flown off to Karl and the 4 small scale are in the smallscale cabinets which leaves 15 to sort........ next task is to dust and update my pre 1950 display with the Dyson and the new Dinky :)
Attachments
2015-06 538.jpg
2015-06 538.jpg (673.11 KiB) Viewed 469 times
2015-06 551.jpg
2015-06 551.jpg (638.62 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Ergomatic

Post by Ergomatic »

Very impressive, Mick! We are still waiting the next pictures!

Peter