MB 60 Holden Pickup query.

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Taniwha

Re: MB 60 Holden Pickup query.

Post by Taniwha »

Alex,

I think these are numbered 1 through 12 - Christian's site has pictures of them all. I think there were a dozen on each sprue with a different number for each position or something like that. Pretty sure there was a thread about this on Befora...

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
motorman

Post by motorman »

Taniwha wrote:Alex,

I think these are numbered 1 through 12 - Christian's site has pictures of them all. I think there were a dozen on each sprue with a different number for each position or something like that. Pretty sure there was a thread about this on Befora...

Cheers,
Gavin
That sounds very plausible Gavin..........so a bike numbered 13 would be htf then :lol:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Mine is number 12 and when I looked through images loads of different ones came up......Silly me thought I may have had an unknown number....So do's that make the Holden a million plus variable?.Or is it just classed as one car with various numbered motorbikes?.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

misterpop wrote:So do's that make the Holden a million plus variable?.
Actually, it's not that bad. If each bike can be numbered from 1 to 12, then there are only 144 (= 12 x 12) possible permutations.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Idris wrote:
Actually, it's not that bad. If each bike can be numbered from 1 to 12, then there are only 144 (= 12 x 12) possible permutations.
I wonder who could have as near a complete collection of these then...are you reading this "Mathias"...!

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Idris wrote:
Are you sure Hugh. Have you factored in colour variations in the bikes in addition to the racing numbers?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

motorman wrote:
Idris wrote:
Are you sure Hugh. Have you factored in colour variations in the bikes in addition to the racing numbers?
No. I'm talking solely about the racing numbers.
cOO7rgi

Post by cOO7rgi »

78 8-)
cOO7rgi

Post by cOO7rgi »

78 possible number variations because I subtracted the the variations of the same numbers on the left or right bike.

So if we start with the left bike #1, we have 12 possibilities from #1 to #12 for the right bike.
Left bike #2, only 11 possibilities are left, as #2 with #1 are the same two bikes as #1 with #2 and already included in the first 12.
So with bike #3, there are only 10 left etc. until we come to #12 with only one combination left that's not already covered with lower numbers: #12 with a second #12.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

cOO7rgi wrote:78 possible number variations because I subtracted the the variations of the same numbers on the left or right bike.

So if we start with the left bike #1, we have 12 possibilities from #1 to #12 for the right bike.
Left bike #2, only 11 possibilities are left, as #2 with #1 are the same two bikes as #1 with #2 and already included in the first 12.
So with bike #3, there are only 10 left etc. until we come to #12 with only one combination left that's not already covered with lower numbers: #12 with a second #12.
Agreed.