All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
lesney0905

my last purchase

Post by lesney0905 »

nickjones
Site Admin

Re: my last purchase

Post by nickjones »

Nice win, And a gift at that price, Is it me or is there fewer bidders buying on ebay lately?.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It may be that e-bay is a little slow. I read on one thread where good majors are getting hard to find, yet I've picked up several nice mint boxed examples at decent prices with surprisingly little competition, and no nuking! Same with Kings.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Well Nick it must because as so many little good regular wheel models come up to bid on in neat condition, I use to be a regular bidder but for the last two years I have not found many items that I need.

I should think that also applies to a few other Regular Wheel collectors, which is a pity. :( :(

George T.
hydra427

Post by hydra427 »

kerbside wrote:Well Nick it must because as so many little good regular wheel models come up to bid on in neat condition, I use to be a regular bidder but for the last two years I have not found many items that I need.

I should think that also applies to a few other Regular Wheel collectors, which is a pity. :( :(

George T.
George, I believe we are all in the same boat. When it comes to "high" grade models, I find that there are very few to bid on. The seller usually knows what it is so is asking a premium price over market value. There are a lot of models that I see that have been on Ebay for the same price for over two years. Lower your price and you might sell a few! Also, If I am spending any type of big dollars I want to examine the model to avoid all the fakes that are constantly being listed now a days. I'll stick to reputable dealers and the shows for those types of models.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello John to have it in the hand is great if one can get to the Toy Fairs, but here in W. Australia they are few and far between, as they are only run by our model club. I have not found any thing I want in twenty odd years :( :(

Then to buy in auctions high postage sending then if it is a fake or a repaint Ebay only refund the purchase price not the postage that one has to pay, to me and then back to the seller, I have a check from the USA after I returned a model, I banked it, And the seller in US had closed his Bank account so with their fees and my Bank fees I was over $aus 350.00 out of pocket.

This is going back to 12 years now :x :x we live and learn I hope.

George T.