15 Fork lift truck

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
ChFalkensteiner

Re: 15 Fork lift truck

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

Ewan wrote:Please excuse my total 'Superfast Ignorance' here :oops:

How would you rank the rarity of base colours on these? I only have one, I think it is an early model - Spiro front wheels, 5 slot rear wheels, grey forks, yellow hoist, label A and a green base.
Throughout this model's career, gloss black was always the most common base colour by far.

On the early spiro & 5 spoke wheel examples, unpainted and green bases are also found (possibly both shades of green - duller and brighter, as on other models such as the Ford Pickup and Ford GT 40), and I am unable to tell which of the two is more or less common.

The same applies to unpainted and charcoal bases on the later red examples, and to charcoal and silver-grey bases on the final orange ones.

"Charcoal" may be one of several diffent shades of "almost black" (dark, light, matt, gloss, dull, bright), but not the colours most commonly called "blue-grey" and "grey-brown" on other models. Those latter ones are, to my knowledge, not found on the Fork Lift Truck.
Ewan

Re: 15 Fork lift truck

Post by Ewan »

Thanks very much indeed. I'm thinking mine has the brighter shade of green and I'm a little baffled as to how the body has been bent away from the baseplate without any paint damage - could it have been assembled like this?
Attachments
DSCN5192 (640x479).jpg
DSCN5192 (640x479).jpg (130.7 KiB) Viewed 352 times