Halfway there

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Johnny Pimp

Re: Halfway there

Post by Johnny Pimp »

motorman wrote:Superb collection in a great display case. What more can you ask for!
Numbers 37 through 75?

I'm actually half way through filling the second cabinet so 'three quarters there' would have been a more accurate title!

Hopefully I'll have some more photos soon.
John

Want Matchbox? Visit www.matchboxforsale.com !
Superfast00

Post by Superfast00 »

These display cases are ideal. I purchased one a couple of years ago. I checked Lidl for another last Christmas, and this Christmas, but our local branches did not stock. I'm in dire need of another, any ideas anyone??!!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

As 'LIDL' and 'ALDI' seem to stock the same goods, maybe they had the same display units as well, it seems logical as a supplier to put your products in similar shops, give them a try.

By the way, welcome to the forum. Any chance we can see some photos of what you collect. I hope you enjoy what you see within the various subjects and topics.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Superfast00

Post by Superfast00 »

I'll give Aldi a try, cheers. And thanks for the welcome. I'll post a couple of pics when I get chance. I collect early superfast, they are such a joy to look at. I remember when the regular wheels moved over to superfast, as a child. Have to say they give me as much pleasure now as when I was young!
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Superfast00 wrote:These display cases are ideal. I purchased one a couple of years ago. I checked Lidl for another last Christmas, and this Christmas, but our local branches did not stock. I'm in dire need of another, any ideas anyone??!!
They sold out very fast in most LIDL stores at the beginning of December 2013, we had them here 1st week of December 2014 and aside from 1 return in a damaged box they were all sold within 7 days from 3 Lidls i visit
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

I just sent an email to their customer service department, inquiring about these cases. While I don't imagine it will help any, maybe we will get lucky.
Johnny Pimp

Post by Johnny Pimp »

Here to render the thread title redundant is cabinet 2 of 2, containing model numbers 36 through 75: -

Nice as these display cases are, I have found that they're dust magnets and I need to find a way to covertly seal some of the more prominent gaps around the doors.

Still, I'd rather the models were on display than stored away.
John

Want Matchbox? Visit www.matchboxforsale.com !
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Superb collection, all those nice minty models. Thanks for adding the pictures, I have one of these with my superfast but I have all my models in clear plastic boxes. I have the F Boxes first, then the G boxes. I have not gone for all variations just one of each, also any others that I really like.
1-75.jpg (140.02 KiB) Viewed 529 times
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
Satiainen

Post by Satiainen »

Hi John!
That looks magnificent!!

Matias
motorman

Post by motorman »

Superb displays!! :D
MOTORMAN