Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
petethesweet1

Re: Toy fair news

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi Marcel, didn't see any frogs but saw plenty of fog. I was watching the Citroen box on ebay but all the pen marks put me off. The two items I brought were the best I have brought in years its just the luck of the draw I don't usually look at tables with new stuff Pete
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

matchboxmarcel wrote:Good to hear Sandown was good.
In the Netherlands we got the news about the closures of motorways in the uk because of the frog.

That D box for the Citroen is very very rare.

There is currently one on Ebay which is already 400 usd.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matchbox-66a-Ci ... 35e4c55c22

marcel
The seller is a forum member or a member from Lefora days I think, sorry I can't recall the name.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

petethesweet1 wrote:Hi Marcel, didn't see any frogs but saw plenty of fog. I was watching the Citroen box on ebay but all the pen marks put me off. The two items I brought were the best I have brought in years its just the luck of the draw I don't usually look at tables with new stuff Pete
haha, sorry for my bad english ! fog ofcourse.... :lol:
matchboxmarcel
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

No, I think I would have stuck with Frogs. Having worked that Motorway for a number of Years as a Rescue and Recovery truck driver, I can Honestly say that Frogs are a menace to Motorists in that area...

My condolences go out to the Families who have lost loved ones in that terrible accident on the M40 today between J9 and J10.

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:No, I think I would have stuck with Frogs. Having worked that Motorway for a number of Years as a Rescue and Recovery truck driver, I can Honestly say that Frogs are a menace to Motorists in that area...

My condolences go out to the Families who have lost loved ones in that terrible accident on the M40 today between J9 and J10.

Ghosty.
Have not heard about that one Kevin!! It must have been a bad one, sorry to hear about that!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I understand "petethesweet" was minutes ahead of it, in the same Foggy sections, Junctions 8, 8a, 9 and 10, at least.

Ghosty.
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi all it sends shivers down my spine to think that we could have been in that accident, lucky we set off 15 minutes earlier, couldn't work out why there was no speed limit displayed. In quite a few spots it was a real pea souper it seemed to get worst as the sun was popping up, glad this is all over Pete
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

I'm stalling out at Poole Grammar School this Sunday. 1st time I'll have been there, but looking forward to it. Anyone else heading down to the coast?
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

Poole was brilliant. Met Fred7A there and had a good chat.

Heading all the way to Reading this Sunday, as they've moved their dateline from pre-1980 to pre-1995 which suits my stock perfectly.

Never been before, but heard some good things about it. Has anyone been? Whats it like?
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

It was good to see you at Poole on Sunday. I didn't know that the date limit for Reading has been changed. I do like this event, but I probably won't be going this time as my money has other priorities at the moment. Mind you, I might change my mind as it's a great event to visit anyway. An extra attraction is the old railway layouts, and last time there were some great Bayko buildings on display. There's usually an amazing Minic Motorways and Triang Railway layout.