SF 30 Eight Wheel Crane with orange boom.

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
Brad Pittiful

SF 30 Eight Wheel Crane with orange boom.

Post by Brad Pittiful »

saw one of these in an ebay auction that ended sunday...anyone win that auction here?

i asked for base photos but the guy said he wasnt able to do it...not a technical guy...there was a regular wheel model too and i asked him if the booms were removable from the models...he said no...not that means much...i bid 15 dollars as i didnt trust his info but was willing to take a chance...i was out bid by a previous bid by 50 cents...oh well...i hope it was a real model and one of our members won it
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
nearlymint

Re: SF 30 Eight Wheel Crane with orange boom.

Post by nearlymint »

Sorry Dan, that was me. J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
fixer

Post by fixer »

nearlymint wrote:Sorry Dan, that was me. J
This is getting a bit of a habit :twisted: :lol: :lol:
reg
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

no need to be sorry...congrats!...just glad someone got it from here...if its real! please update us when you get it
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Brad Pittiful wrote:
no need to be sorry...congrats!...just glad someone got it from here...if its real! please update us when you get it
Yes I will do that, but I am not to confident on this one. Although its the first playworn one I have ever seen.
J
Nearlymint
Superfast77

Post by Superfast77 »

Ain't me but there is currently one on ebay for 650 pounds (that's like 4 million dollars Aus!!)

Jason
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Brad Pittiful wrote:
Just an update Dan, got the model today and it is real. No camera at the moment, will do some pictures later.
All the best
Jason
Nearlymint
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

Congratulations on that very interesting Crane oddity Jason. Some may have called that out of timeline Orange boom used on this SF a 'Custom', or perhaps a 'Lunchbox Special' before it was noted as a variation by an early collector (Unknown to me before now?? :shock: ) , but I prefer to call it a Lesney factory 'oddity'. I, like Dan, am very happy this one was bought by our friend Jason, but still wish it could have been me. I think I may be a bit sharper on these Cranes than I was before this Post Jason, what a Great transitional Model!
I see this odd SF Crane as a Great Positive discovery, and I look forward to your detailed pictures of it even though I do not have much interest in the Superfast range today. Transitional paint experiments and left over component use as on this model COULD bring me around to the dark side of Lesney SF collecting though ...... ;) kwakers
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Took a couple of pictures, model is playworn but as I have said its the first one I have seen. I have tried to pull out the crane as it seems fairly loose but it is firmly in place. Model has been put to good use by the look of it.
30c.jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 636 times
30ca.jpg (127.88 KiB) Viewed 636 times
J
Nearlymint
motorman

Post by motorman »

That"s a great buy Jason. Congratulations! :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"