Please help

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
kwakers

Re: Please help

Post by kwakers »

They have now gotten Positive Feedback on that blister re-packed 2 color Hatra Loader Joe, and have not offered any more Lesneys from their collection since that last RW batch with the Wreckers.
They did buy 2(?) 15D VWs from Numi's favorite faker 'Roadkill', but they were just common versions bought for $15 (each?).
No rare OR common Lesney models for kwakers to buy from them and check for signs of faking, just some more typical boring 'old folks' items now being sold at their normal giveaway prices. kwakers
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Again with the buying (and duplicates now). Not a very good way to clear out the collection and a bit suspect. Could a red RW VW be coming up?
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

Tinman wrote:Again with the buying (and duplicates now). Not a very good way to clear out the collection and a bit suspect. Could a red RW VW be coming up?
If they are up to no good, I would expect a Purple RW to show up soon as that is the most valuable version. Have they bought any superfast purples lately?
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

ford_a_30 wrote:
Tinman wrote:Again with the buying (and duplicates now). Not a very good way to clear out the collection and a bit suspect. Could a red RW VW be coming up?
If they are up to no good, I would expect a Purple RW to show up soon as that is the most valuable version. Have they bought any superfast purples lately?
I suspect you are thinking of the fastback, the 15d is a bug.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

Tinman wrote:
ford_a_30 wrote:
I suspect you are thinking of the fastback, the 15d is a bug.
I was indeed. I stand corrected.
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

By email from a friend.

I bought the cheaper of the two amber window wreck trucks from them. Was actually a good price. When I got it the truck, it looked to me to be nearly mint but had the amber windows of a beater, with scratches and severly damaged dome light. Also the rivet looked like it was manipulated. I returned the model for a full refund.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:By email from a friend.

I bought the cheaper of the two amber window wreck trucks from them. Was actually a good price. When I got it the truck, it looked to me to be nearly mint but had the amber windows of a beater, with scratches and severly damaged dome light. Also the rivet looked like it was manipulated. I returned the model for a full refund.
That says it all, Two old Folks?

More like Two old fakers!

WAKE UP EVEYONE FAKER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

The listing photos do show windows that are not in keeping with the condition of the model and the dome looks pushed in, the rivet shot is a harder one to distinguish, there's nothing like a model in the hand.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Thanks Nick, my eyesight was not that bad after all. J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

With Numi having warned us of scratched windows already, it seems that there is now some solid evidence as to what opinion someone had of one of these rare models 'in hand'. My question to Nick's friend is very simple: why the change of mind about the model after they had quickly left Positive Feedback on that cheaper amber windowed Wrecker? Their Positive Feedback was: "Great transaction. thanks"
Could Numi be right in saying that people who receive Lesneys are so excited over them that they leave positive Feedback most of the time before they examine the models closely? I really did not agree, or even understand what Numi meant there, but maybe now Nick's friend can confirm the point Numi was making? kwakers :?: