Please help

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
Tinman

Re: Please help

Post by Tinman »

nearlymint wrote:I am also getting confused, if you ignore the axle ends on the last picture of the M8. But look at the wheel, the plastic has been hammered very badly, this is very unusual and nowhere near normal. J
As long as you are talking about the M8 gasoline tanker, I agree completly with your comments. The two M8's, an M8a and an M8b following each other in this discussion is further adding to the confusion I'm having here.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Tinman wrote:
nearlymint wrote:I am also getting confused, if you ignore the axle ends on the last picture of the M8. But look at the wheel, the plastic has been hammered very badly, this is very unusual and nowhere near normal. J
As long as you are talking about the M8 gasoline tanker, I agree completly with your comments. The two M8's, an M8a and an M8b following each other in this discussion is further adding to the confusion I'm having here.
Hello tinman, kwakers and Jason.

My intention was not to confuse any one and apologies if it did, however as they were part of the same initial thread I thought it best be addressed here. If you want me to start an M8b box thread to address the one in question I would be happy to do so.

The confusion can be cleared up quite easily with first numi commenting why she believes the M8b box in question is a reproduction box and I think this is important.
The seller has a few other boxes sold of late that had repro parts added but in each case it was disclosed in the description.
So if this part of the discussion is addressed it can be put to bed. Simple.

M8a
Secondly Jason, you can not ignore the axle ends because that is what the original post on the M8a was referring to and for many members and others reading the initial posts were quite right to think the axle ends looked poor from those first photos. The second lot of photos tell me different.
As for the bpw damaged to plastic this could either be factory or post factory.
I have models with similar damage to wheel hubs or bosses which I know for certain have not been tampered with.

Even with models in the hand and a good quality eye loupe it is not always easy to determine.

My reasoning for posting the resale model was to show that when other photos were taken at a slightly different angle they show them as more legitimate axle ends.

That post was meant to also highlight we can be fooled by feedback as the buyer seller oldman65….left positive feedback because they could see quick profit as is done with other buys from the same seller.

For the record I am all for highlighting fakers and hope that a fake or tampered with model ( or repro box ) never ends up in our collection or any other collection of a forum member who is promoting the values held by Nick and many others.
numi

Post by numi »

Hello Yellowfoden,im given to understand that the box should have looked similar to attached with box-art variation.However i could be wrong with my finding/statement and my apologies to all in advance.

Sorry about this as well u "Two Old Fraudsters" .... :lol:
numi
Attachments
$_578.JPG
$_578.JPG (151.36 KiB) Viewed 406 times
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
numi

Post by numi »

This Red Mobilgas certainly shows wheel damage,hammering,filing and has a cracked hub/wheel.This specimen has all-wheel tampering,not a factory error but a fake!
Its now 16days since i sent this seller a nasty messg and to date have never responded.If i was this seller and if all my feedback was positive and in order to protect that and if i am able to prove my innocence then all hell would have broken loose within the 1st few hrs.
numi
Attachments
m8a old cab front right 150%.jpg
m8a old cab front right 150%.jpg (85.73 KiB) Viewed 406 times
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

numi wrote:Its now 16days since i sent this seller a nasty messg and to date have never responded.If i was this seller and if all my feedback was positive and in order to protect that and if i am able to prove my innocence then all hell would have broken loose within the 1st few hrs.
numi
If I was this seller, with perfect feedback, a and someone sent me a nasty message claiming my items were fake (regardless of if it were true or not), I would either tell you to sod off, or ignore you. They have no incentive to get into a pissing match with some random ebay nut.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

ford_a_30 wrote:
numi wrote:Its now 16days since i sent this seller a nasty messg and to date have never responded.If i was this seller and if all my feedback was positive and in order to protect that and if i am able to prove my innocence then all hell would have broken loose within the 1st few hrs.
numi
If I was this seller, with perfect feedback, a and someone sent me a nasty message claiming my items were fake (regardless of if it were true or not), I would either tell you to sod off, or ignore you. They have no incentive to get into a pissing match with some random ebay nut.
There's much truth to that point of view. One always catches more flies with sugar than vinegar.
motorman

Post by motorman »

ford_a_30 wrote:
numi
OMG You just referred to Numi as a "Random ebay nut" .................dive for cover everyone!!!!!!! :o
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

motorman wrote: OMG You just referred to Numi as a "Random ebay nut" .................dive for cover everyone!!!!!!! :o
Oooops, sorry Numi, not my intent on that post, I promise.
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

That was one of my original points also Numi when reacting to your very coarse message to the Sellers as quoted on the Forum. I try not to be negative at all in my messages to E Bay Sellers, even when I begin to suspect they are not 'Good'. I tend to ask questions if need be, give advice on correcting GPW versus SPW very frequently, but I have never even accused anyone who may have knowingly defrauded me. I carefully watch their future listings for questionable variations, or for models I still need, then sometimes spend good $$ after bad to prove my initial suspicions about that Seller. On only one occasion was I able to compare notes with another Forum member to actually realize the Seller I had suspected was really the source of some world class 'Fakes'. One other known faker of GPW from Maine has even gone 'straight' for the moment, so we have not been able to discuss him as one of our worst lately. 3 years ago I could have, but not now!
If you would have simply sent a question on that light purple 67 VW with funny base rivets Numi, they may have answered your message. To flatly accuse someone of selling nothing but 'fake rares' did not create dialogue, it probably got you banned from their sales, and reported to E Bay. Chris had that in mind when he made his comment in referring to what Seller's reactions may be. Honest.... :o :o We all smiled but cringe a bit at that one Numi..... :oops:
Sorry for the confusion on the GPW M2. We had found lots of those left over in stores, so I have never considered them as 'Rare' at all. The railroaders all wanted the BPW for realism on their layouts, hence the GPW were left behind on the older smaller stores' shelves when we built our collection of Majors. All these variations were common to find in 1966. The confusion rests with me Foden, my mistake for calling these GPW M2s 'common'. I also must admit that the BPW Tankers were not as rare in our area, they were just less common because they were the last produced variation sold ultimately in much smaller numbers. I wish we had bought them all, instead of just 2 or 3 spares of each Major Pack wheel variation. We traded them and sold most off near our cost to friends and collectors in our U.S. Clubs in the late 60s. Hindsight........... ;) kwakers
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

So what's the latest consensus on the Old Folks?