Please help

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: Please help

Post by nickjones »

I would urge any member to post their opinions even if they go against the current way of thinking, We all have our own views and Tinman, Kwackers and yours truly have all been wrong in the past and we will be in the future, that's guaranteed. This is not a battle of wits between the forum members but a battle between the forum members and the fakers who are rapidly devaluing and destroying our hobby.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

nickjones wrote:I would urge any member to post their opinions ........
Tinman wrote: The thing about positive feedback & fraudsters is that it's easy to manipulate. If the buyer never suspects the item is fake, the feedback can be glowing.
The m8 Mobilgas bought to our attention by numi has another twist.

As pleased as the buyer was of the M8 Mobilgas tanker with the positive feedback left, he/she did not hold onto it for long. Interestingly it was on-sold as a bin/offer for $525 with free postage on 4th January 2015 item number 191465523167.
It was previously bought for $500 item number 390963922501 (numi reported) plus postage on 2nd Nov 2014 so there does not appear that there was much in the way of profit, taking into account any fees.

The high point wear marks are the same, the 6 decal marks match on the right side, so does the one on the left side, the front of tractor unit mask spray position and chip above left front window all point to the fact it being the same model. The chip on the rear wheel mud guard on tractor unit matches as well. Even the box shows the 75 number in black and the second price mark on other face.

What is interesting is the right hand side photo shows new clearer “better in focus detail” of small axle ends. The photos in the second sale are taken at a slightly different angle and show the axle ends differently to those when listed by twooldf…..
So it is no wonder not everyone will agree on this model being original or tampered with.

I have saved, cropped and enlarged only the three right hand side small axle ends which to me show a different result. Image title indicates position on model of each bpw.

Hopefully the newest new owner might read this thread and provide even better detail. Their feedback was glowing 5 star positive as well.

Of further interest is that this second sale was before it was actually discussed in this thread on the forum which commenced on the 11 Jan 2015 and tanker link provided on the 15 Jan 2015. So resale was not influenced by the forum.

With all the travelling this M8 Mobilgas has been doing, it is a good job it is a fuel tanker. As Reg (fixer) would probably say, 3 owners per gallon. :)

Links as such for convenience.

1-Matchbox-Major-Pack-M-8-Petrol-Tanker-BPW-OB-1960-/390963922501

MATCHBOX-LESNEY-MOKO-MAJOR-PACK-M-8-A-MOBILGAS-PETROL-TANKER-RARE-BPW-1960-/191465523167 resold
Attachments
m8a old rear right tractor150%.jpg
m8a old rear right tractor150%.jpg (15.21 KiB) Viewed 524 times
m8a old rear right tanker trailer 150%.jpg
m8a old rear right tanker trailer 150%.jpg (9.08 KiB) Viewed 524 times
m8a old front right 2nd angle  150%.jpg
m8a old front right 2nd angle 150%.jpg (12.98 KiB) Viewed 524 times
m8a old cab front right 150%.jpg
m8a old cab front right 150%.jpg (52.87 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

numi wrote: i was born alone and never afraid to stand alone
numi
I was born naked and alone! Today, people run away screaming when they see me standing naked (alone or not). :lol:
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

nickjones wrote:Tinman, Kwackers and yours truly have all been wrong in the past and we will be in the future,
I see you've been talking to my ex-wives again. :?
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

numi wrote: Heres another misdemeanour on the sellers part.Sold a repro box with factory model but described box as original. Item:191399244672. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Matchbox-Majo ... 2c9048b380
numi
Hello numi,

I have looked at this link as well as my own M8 Guy Warrior Transporter and various photo records.

Can I check with you that you are referring to correct model for the two-old-folks M8 Guy Warrior Transporter stating original box. Item number 191399244672

I am interested to know why you feel this M8 Guy Transporter box is a reproduction.

Look forward to your thoughts.
Attachments
tof m8-3 191399244672.jpg
tof m8-3 191399244672.jpg (60.98 KiB) Viewed 473 times
tof m8-2 191399244672.jpg
tof m8-2 191399244672.jpg (60.21 KiB) Viewed 473 times
tof m8 191399244672.jpg
tof m8 191399244672.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 473 times
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

One of the biggest problems I see here is not at all upsetting Tinman or I Numi, but in having no proof in hand from anyone at all that any of these models shipped to their Buyers were indeed faked. Does anyone here have any of these 'suspicious' models in hand for us to see really well and evaluate properly?
If you suspect that both a boxed black wheeled Major Pack variation, and then also the same boxed model listed with common GP wheels both had faked axle ends, what were they delivered with from the Lesney factory? Do you suspect that both these models are now complete repaints with bad axles? What would be any other purpose for a common GPW Major Pack variation to have your 'suspicious' axle ends on it. I know of no one coming forward yet with bad models bought from 'Two Old Folks'. I see no indication that any of their models were ever re-sold, but I do understand Tinman's point there. All of this is still just speculation and accusations with no 'bad' models in hand to convict what has become your 'Most Wanted' pair of fraudsters located in the colonies. Members here are simply echoing your suspicions, and not presenting solid proof before conviction here Numi. I now understand one Forum member's concern elsewhere here about listing 'Fakers'. We are simply using a one sided argument with the second party having no right to defend themselves. I now completely understand that Forum member's initial concerns, now believing this 'Two Old Folks' case to be a prime example he feared may happen.
The 30A in blue with metal wheels is a model whose existence you are now apparently searching to nullify completely Numi. You perhaps in the heat of the moment argued you 'Do not care who had listed this variation'. You are choosing to re-write Lesney History as you choose, and may even wholeheartedly believe, ignoring the pictured example in the color section in Stannard's Guide I had mentioned here. I notice one of your known Fakers has one of these blue MW models he made that is now for sale, but that does not nullify good examples of the variation still existing in old collections today.
I could go on further here about recent mistakes of yours right here on our Forum Numi from photos that were not clear enough for you or any of us to evaluate. This is not about you or your supporters, or in fact any lack of support here I may have. I will simply buy a 'Rare' that I need from 'Two Old Folks', then let you know what Feedback I will be leaving them once I have examined that model in detail. That can then be done carefully in my own hands, not just from their general listing pictures.
Oh, by the way Numi, I will not need to pull models out of my collection to compare that 'Rare' to. (or 'Virtual images'??????? LOL) After 51 years I think I can make a determination of regular wheel's axles' originality no matter how bad the factory's strikes. Your statement there did not upset me at all Numi, but I am still belly laughing over the humor in that paragraph......... :lol: :lol: kwakers
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

The BPW Tanker was in fact listed for $625 as a 'Buy it Now' rather than only $525 according to the completed listing on it. A 'Best Offer' was accepted on it, but I don't think we can now tell how much that final 'Best Offer' was unless from the Positive 5 star Feedback left for it this second time.
Tinman wrote:
nickjones wrote:Tinman, Kwackers and yours truly have all been wrong in the past and we will be in the future,
To be placed in such company is utterly disturbing Nick, I better reach for a VERY Cold one to contemplate any further comment.......Much like a Three Stooges image I may never be able to erase from my mind. :D

I see you've been talking to my ex-wives again. :?
lists that figure??
:lol: My wife might agree, but I seldom allow her out of the Cave.....kwakers
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

The 'Two Old Folks' Buyer, and also now the second Seller's E Bay name on this notorious BPW Major Pack Tanker??
He is oldman65jf! (I couldn't have even made that one up :D ) What is it with old people and our Lesney Toys these days? I now expect dillusional Hippie drug use at an early age might be effecting our later life cravings........kwakers
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I am getting confused. Dick mentions common models but the two I see discussed are the M2 with rare GPW, the M8a with rare BPW and an auto transport where the box only is in question (also Numi has yet supply her reasons why she thinks the box is a reproduction).

At first I was thinking the old folks were getting a bad rap. They do seem to be selling off a large collection. However, they have also become resellers and are currently buying and selling. They are not completely honest in their brief description about clearing out the collection since they keep buying more stuff to sell. Some of the things purchased have been very suspicious when you see what later turns up on ebay.

There is a mounting lot of circumstantial evidence that puts the old folks in a negative light. I think it's honorable for Dick to buy and examine one of their models, but it will have to be one of the expensive rare models that people have suspicions about.
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

I am also getting confused, if you ignore the axle ends on the last picture of the M8. But look at the wheel, the plastic has been hammered very badly, this is very unusual and nowhere near normal. J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home