End of Year Poll 2014

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
motorman

Re: End of Year Poll 2014

Post by motorman »

Are you?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
motorman

Post by motorman »

Are youooooooooooo!!!!!!
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Yes, you're within my sights now and well, basically, it's all over bar the shouting.

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Eat my dirt Ghosthunter!!!!
MOTORMAN

johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Now come on boys, new year and all that, if you can't play nicely and share, you'll have all your toys taken away. :D
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
fixer

Post by fixer »

I'll look after Ghostys firenzas :D
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank you to all the forum members who voted for my 'LONE-STAR' Vauxhall Firenza models. A bit of a surprise really, because the car in real life is rather 'Nondscript' has no oomph or get up and go excitement about it. It was a brave move by Vauxhall Motors to take-on the established performance car makers around at that time, so toys or models of this car will have a hard time to attract customers. However, that is all history now and what few models were eventually made of the humble Firenza are much sought after by collectors of the real car.

General Motors gave out strict instructions on who would be allowed permission to make toys and models of their cars. In the UK it was down to Vauxhall Motors to allow permission for this to happen, but still had to clear it with the parent company, GM, back in America.

In those early Days, models were not so prominent, it was the toy car that the well established companies like Corgi, Dinky and Matchbox were making and issuing licenses was still relatively unheard of, but real car companies mostly encouraged replicas to be made of their cars as it helped promote them and in some cases they were used as promotional models in the showrooms and permission was usually granted on the understanding a 'Royalty' fee will be paid to the car company, as a lump sum.

'LONE-STAR' secured a deal with Vauxhall Motors that allowed them full access to Vauxhall's new baby sports coupe in a way that would produce an accurate miniature model, in an abundance of colours, for use as a promotional model for 'Budget' rent-a-car and an exclusive product, as no one else was or would be making another Firenza toy or model.

The Two examples above are what you voted for, in the end of Year poll, not mint condition, but very displayable and very cheap and I explained the story of how I obtained these in another thread elsewhere on the forum here...viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2081&start=10#p17434 and I am very pleased with them, as I used to maintain a Vauxhall toy and model collection but never had or could afford this model, they were always so expensive if you wanted good to excellent examples.

I have added more pictures below for your enjoyment.

Thanks,
GHOSTHUNTER.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Nothing like rubbing it in is there " mate " :D
Regarding the real ones I found that a well tuned 2300cc would hold its own against a 3000cc capri and go round corners.
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:Nothing like rubbing it in is there " mate " :D
Are you ok Reg.......that was clearly assault mate, that Ghosty can be a right viscious one when he wants to be. How unsporting of him. I would maybe use some ice on that bloody nose Reg, it should help with the swelling!
MOTORMAN

mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Nice Modells Chosty,I had as a child and as a Firenza blue green metallic with a GT Strips.I looking for years for this model.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!