Old store stock found in attic.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
motorman

Re: Old store stock found in attic.

Post by motorman »

Tinman wrote:Can we pleasae stay on topic while we await developing news about the disposition of this historic lot of New Old Stock?
It is very encouraging that DaveS has joined the forum. With any luck he will keep us all updated with any developments!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
hydra427

Post by hydra427 »

Might be possible these are from the same stock. Looks like a lot of the same models that were listed in the pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/storestockpsych ... 7675.l2562
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

hydra427 wrote:Might be possible these are from the same stock. Looks like a lot of the same models that were listed in the pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/storestockpsych ... 7675.l2562
I would like to think that Dave would already have posted a link were that the case.
artherfonz

Post by artherfonz »

Hi All,
possibly not as this seller also has lots of superfast old store stock that he has been selling, this seller is from Spring Valley New York and states that the stock he is selling comes from a shop in northern NJ , I believe the mill stock is in Massachusetts which Mr Google says is 200miles away from northern NJ, Still a lot closer than me as I'm at least 10 000 miles away.
cheers steven
Ozbox

Post by Ozbox »

Afraid I won't be bidding on storestockpsycho's auctions anyway as unfortunately he/she has psycho postage prices from ebay's nasty mailing system. $55 postage cost for a single model? No thanks - don't these people want bids from overseas???
motorman

Post by motorman »

Ozbox wrote:Afraid I won't be bidding on storestockpsycho's auctions anyway as unfortunately he/she has psycho postage prices from ebay's nasty mailing system. $55 postage cost for a single model? No thanks - don't these people want bids from overseas???
Is it not the case that sellers need to opt out of ebay's global shipping program? I think when sellers list items they are not aware that their listing includes these shocking postage charges when viewed by buyers from overseas. A quick message to the seller may be all that is needed to ensure he or she is aware and they may reduce the postage charges to a more affordable level. I have done this recently with an American seller who was unaware that he was automatically signed up tp GPS unless he opted out.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
numi

Post by numi »

motorman wrote:
Ozbox wrote:Afraid I won't be bidding on storestockpsycho's auctions anyway as unfortunately he/she has psycho postage prices from ebay's nasty mailing system. $55 postage cost for a single model? No thanks - don't these people want bids from overseas???
Is it not the case that sellers need to opt out of ebay's global shipping program? I think when sellers list items they are not aware that their listing includes these shocking postage charges when viewed by buyers from overseas. A quick message to the seller may be all that is needed to ensure he or she is aware and they may reduce the postage charges to a more affordable level. I have done this recently with an American seller who was unaware that he was automatically signed up tp GPS unless he opted out.
I too agree with MM and by asking then 9/10 times these sellers do change the shipping options.
How have u been doing MM ;)
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
Ozbox

Post by Ozbox »

I try to do that - sometimes the sellers are reasonable and are happy to accommodate; other times they are completely anti-social and not interested in helping... I the case of the latter I give them a miss or, if it's model I'm desparate to get, I'll suck it up, pay the ridiculous postage and not leave them any feedback.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Ozbox wrote:I try to do that - sometimes the sellers are reasonable and are happy to accommodate; other times they are completely anti-social and not interested in helping... I the case of the latter I give them a miss or, if it's model I'm desparate to get, I'll suck it up, pay the ridiculous postage and not leave them any feedback.
If they won't play ball and insist on supporting this Ebay scam, I give neutral feedback stating that they use the Global Shipping Program.
mbox2000

Post by mbox2000 »

With U.S. EBay you do have to physically opt out of the GSP when you list. There is no indication at listing of what the actual charges will be for the buyer. So if the seller is uninformed or unaware please let them know. How else to fight this horrible program?
Mbox2000 / Jay