End of Year Poll 2014

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: End of Year Poll 2014

Post by Idris »

Come on people! Where are all those gems which have been so proudly shown in various topics throughout the year? It's not going to be much of a poll if almost nobody enters!
Ergomatic

Post by Ergomatic »

Hello Hugh,

I had a fantastic year. Comes a lot of nice models, like the RW16C Scammel Snow Plough GPW, a playworn RW25C Petrol Tanker GPW, a playworn RW55C Ford Galaxie with blue dome light, RW15A Prime Mover with with 10 plastic wheels, RW55B Ford Fairlane Police Car SPW or the RW59B Ford Fairlane Fire Chief GPW without the 3 wheelwells inside which we are waiting to the variation list as new variation, but for me these trucks were the favourites.

Cheers, Peter
Attachments
Resize of RW51 C code  05.jpg
Resize of RW51 C code 05.jpg (53.72 KiB) Viewed 417 times
Resize of SF35 A4 code7 05.jpg
Resize of SF35 A4 code7 05.jpg (56.75 KiB) Viewed 417 times
Sir_Matchbox_96

Post by Sir_Matchbox_96 »

Hi all,
sorry, I'am a bit late.
I had a good year, too. I found a lot of nice, and sometimes hard to find, variations. (I think I will prepare a small review in my "look at what I just got" thread) And it was very difficult, choosing an absolut highlight!
Here is what I nominate, my Major pack M6-b 'BP' racing car transporter:

It already has the slot in the rear door but it has no tongue addet to the internal ramp.
Maybe some of you remember, here is a link from the original thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1991

It's in really good condition, I would say near mint, but I'am careful with these terms.
I got it for an incredible price of 6€ (original box included)

Thanks for watching!
Greetings,
Linus
Attachments
DSC_1842.JPG
DSC_1842.JPG (119.89 KiB) Viewed 397 times
DSC_1843.JPG
DSC_1843.JPG (114.15 KiB) Viewed 397 times
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Well this model would have been my best find of the year, I got it at a local toyfair today, It cost me just £2.
I say it would have been my best find because the previous owner decided he wanted a rarer and more desirable version so he drilled out the rivets, He then painted the black roof and interior bright yellow and reassembled it, The yellow roof version books at £2000-£2500, But to make his fake he ruined a model with a book value of £1500-£2000
I can replace the roof and seats with another set from a donor so something can be recovered, until then, roll on end of year poll 2015.....
Attachments
DSCF9311.JPG
DSCF9311.JPG (434.54 KiB) Viewed 393 times
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
matchbox_n_molars

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

2014 has been good to my collection. I've added some lovely regular-wheels to the shelf. And yet in spite of those handsome diecast additions my favorite "Lesney pre SF" addition is not a model at all. At this year's Albuquerque Gathering I connected, as always, with Dallas Matchbox collector Steve Beckett. Amongst the treasures that Steve had available during the in-room trading/selling sessions was an absolutely lovely 1966 vintage Matchbox display. Steve very generously offered to take the display back to Dallas for me and ship it up to Ohio, and there it is now, every day making me smile in my toy room. No, it is not a "model" and heck, it really isn't a "Lesney". They were produced by American Matchbox distributor Fred Bronner if I'm not mistaken. So, while I fully expect my "Lesney pre SF" entry to be disqualified, I still felt compelled to share it as my favorite Lesney-related pre-SF "find" for 2014. The display takes me back to those 1960's trips with my Mom and brothers into the Toledo, Ohio Miracle Mile Hobby Shop where we gazed through the glass and made our selections.

My favorite "Non-Lesney-pre 1970" addition would be this 1:25 scale 1948-49 Hudson. It is a MasterCaster model out of Chicago. There is a whole "Hudson" wing within my collection. As a kid growing up I knew nothing but Hudsons in our garage until 1964.

And finally, my favorite 2014 "Non-Lesney-post 1969" would be the Matchbox Toyota Tacoma dinner model I got at the very same Albuquerque Gathering where I acquired the vintage display.

Greg in Cincinnati
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I vote for Dave S. and his historic and large New Old Stock attic find!
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

My best Regular Wheel find for the year:

A nice Superfast find (with blue, not blue-green windows):

-David D
Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

I dont have any gems to show but I will vote when the time comes :-)
numi

Post by numi »

Dr Jazz wrote:I dont have any gems to show but I will vote when the time comes :-)
Jazzy,what about your SF Red Tanker?? :o
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
fixer

Post by fixer »

numi wrote:
Dr Jazz wrote:I dont have any gems to show but I will vote when the time comes :-)
Jazzy,what about your SF Red Tanker?? :o
numi
I think that was found last year Numi
reg