K20 Ford D800 Tasker with 3x Ford Tractors

Lesney Matchbox Accessory packs, Major packs, King-Size & Superkings
AJR

K20 Ford D800 Tasker with 3x Ford Tractors

Post by AJR »

I have a few of these along with the K17 Low Lowder with Case dozer version.
However, one thing puzzling me is this variation that I have (top pic) with a GREY clip strip to hold the tractors in place. I have never seen another, most being yellow.
Ignore the green and yellow tractors on the bottom pic, they are repaints I did a few years ago so I didn't have too many of the same colour.
K20 x3.jpg
K20 x3.jpg (620.78 KiB) Viewed 2561 times
Tinman

Re: K20 Ford D800 Tasker with 3x Ford Tractors

Post by Tinman »

The gray plastic rack that retains the tractors is more common than you would think. While they are in a clear minority, they are also often overlooked.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

I just managed to pick up my third grey rack tasker transporter, all of mine also come with the red fuel tank cab unit.
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

I have seen a few of these with the grey plastics but have yet to add one to the collection. Very nice model. J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Hello AJR, nice to see another Kingsize collector posting, welcome.

I tried to recall if this colour grey clip had previously appeared in any printed reference books but a quick look did not find this colour recorded. Thank you for showing this one.
mbox2000

Post by mbox2000 »

Nice variation, AJR. My one has the yellow rack but I think the grey one looks much better. More realistic. I'm on the hunt yet again. Thanks for sharing.
Mbox2000 / Jay
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Finally managed to take some pictures of my Grey Racks and the rest of my Tasker Tractor transporters. This was one of my favourite toys as a kid and consequently I can't seem to go past them, I have more later boxed versions in storage somewhere

Grey Racks

The grey racks I have acquired have all come with Red petrol tank cab units and do not have braces at the top of the Trailer Headboard, photo below Braced on the right

They also don't have the Pat No cast into the trailer behind the axle or the additional plastic suspension piece on the trailer axle.

Whilst taking these pictures I located today a trailer without the headboard brace but which has the patent number reference so I have 3 distinct versions of the trailer.

The last grey rack I got as part of the lot below, I was originally only interested in the lot because of the Grey Rack Tasker. but the rest of the King size turned out to be pretty good too. Supposedly the lot has survived two generations. The King Size are all in roughly the same condition, slightly faded wheels, playworn and dusty which would lead me to believe they have been together a long time and as such un;likely to have been messed with.

Pics below are of my Transporter Acquisitions to date.

Along with my spare Tractors awaiting a ride.

Bizarrely enough I also picked up the Orange Tractor Big MX Version of the Tasker Transporter as part of a lot, paid less for the lot than the Orange tractor BIG MX version usually goes for on its own.

RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

I obviously didn't reduce the photo's above enough, you will need to click the photo's and go to photobucket to get the right hand side of all of them. Apologies.

Cheers

Dave
AJR

Post by AJR »

Just had to check mine in the light of the last post.
I can confirm that my Tasker with grey clips also has the red fuel tanks and does not have the strengthening bar on the headboard.
So the grey clips would be the earliest examples.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

That last auction lot looks very good with some fine 1940s Dinkys too. We have discussed these grey racks here at least once perhaps twice before but Nicks listing hasnt been updated yet!