Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
fixer

Re: Toy fair news

Post by fixer »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
tjlglass wrote:Reg if your into Sheep and Wellies then Sheppton is your place lol I not allowed to go because I'm Baaaaaaa'rd
Trust EWE to think of that one... :!:

Ghosty.
he's never been part of the flock :D
reg
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

Fred7A wrote:I hope to make it to Wimborne. How will I recognise your stall?
6ft stall, lots of Matchbox (Superfast onwards), a pair of Toy Works Garages, and some tinplate & plastic models.

And a weird looking Ginger bloke!!!
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Should be easy to spot! :lol:

Hopefully I'll see you on Sunday and say hello.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

shockwavetrading wrote:
6ft stall, lots of Matchbox (Superfast onwards), a pair of 'Toy Works Garages',, and some tinplate & plastic models.

Any chance of a few pictures of those Garages, I did some work experience at the factory in Bideford, North Devon during the Seventies and would love to see them, thanks.

Ghosty.
shockwavediecast

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
shockwavetrading wrote:
6ft stall, lots of Matchbox (Superfast onwards), a pair of 'Toy Works Garages',, and some tinplate & plastic models.

Any chance of a few pictures of those Garages, I did some work experience at the factory in Bideford, North Devon during the Seventies and would love to see them, thanks.

Ghosty.
I'll get them out of the van tomorrow for a photo or two!!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

"I'll get them out of the van tomorrow for a photo or two"

Thank's for that Shockwave, I do appreciate that.

Ghosty.
shockwavediecast

As promised, little one first

And the big one

I know there's a few bits missing and a crack or two here and there, but I think they've survived really well. Although I don't think the string is original!! :D
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Shockwave, brings back so many memories. 'Toy Works' is where I first learnt about screen printing on the range of toy garages and I did not know this at the time, but their toys were distributed all over the country for wholesalers and toy shops. Even 'Mettoy Playcraft' had garages from them.

A big thank you for taking the trouble of getting them out for the pictures.

Ghosty.
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi All another trip up to Donington turned out to be another disaster The trip up was terrible thick fog actually lost in Daventry ended up on some industrial estate the fog was so thick I nearly turned for home but had arranged to pick up a few bits from the Grizzly sale from the Vectis stand. Matchbox wise I should have stayed in bed but I did manage to pick up an old game from a fair ground, it was a little footballer 9 inches high casted in alley which when you pull his leg back he kicks a penny in the air, it dates back until the 1920s & was used on fair grounds & pubs. I intend to rejig it so I can use it on my penny arcade Pete
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Well I made it to Wimborne and met Steve (shockwavetrading). We had a chat and he did me a good deal on a couple of Spot On Magicars as well as a Corgi MG Maestro. When I got home I tested the lights on the Maestro and they still work! :D I also found a couple of nice old Dinkies, so a good day. Wimborne isn't a huge event, but there were plenty of interesting items on offer and lots of people to chat to so I managed to spend about 3 hours there in total.