What car ?

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
tjlglass

What car ?

Post by tjlglass »

Anyone know what make of car this copy is.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/tjlglass/VCK8U6
kwakers

Re: What car ?

Post by kwakers »

It resembles our Lesney #36 Austin A30/50, but has a more deluxe side trim treatment Tim. The front hood trim is a dead giveaway to the right British car spotter though if I am mistaken on the brand. kwakers
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

I was thinking Austin as well Dick, just wanted it confirmed as I want to list it on eBay.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Guys, the plastic model is based on the Austin A55 'Cambridge' and made by 'BLUE BOX' in Hong Kong. It is normally sold with a speed boat on trailer, but some have been found sold separately.
'BLUE BOX'.jpg
'BLUE BOX'.jpg (55.42 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
Ghosty.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

I think this one's based on the Dinky A105 Westminster, rather than the smaller Cambridge. This also accounts for the coloured side flash. The thick front pillars are certainly very reminiscent of the Dinky. A lovely pairing with the Healey sports boat and trailer, also copied from Dinky of course.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Fred7A, I was going by the front grille, bumper over riders and the bonnet trim, but yes, 'BLUE BOX' certainly copied various Corgi and Dinky models for their own product lines. I have neither the Dinky or the Blue Box models to do a closer comparison.

Regards,
GHOSTHUNTER.